Question about getting a new HU

dark86

i am thinking abt getting P80MP, but i am just got some question
i have a 03.5 protege 5 , so it comes w/ that little sub thinggy
is there a Amplifiers in the car to hook up the stock HU to that sub?
coz i am not sure if i have to get that extra adapter for it
this thing
http://www.cardomain.com/item/SCOFAI3?vq_id=none

Last edited:
dark86 said:
i am thinking abt getting P80MP, but i am just got some question
i have a 03.5 protege 5 , so it comes w/ that little sub thinggy
is there a Amplifiers in the car to hook up the stock HU to that sub?
coz i am not sure if i have to get that extra adapter for it
this thing
http://www.cardomain.com/item/SCOFAI3?vq_id=none

the new headunit can manage that sub (wouldn't suggest it though)
as to you would need a line out converter which will make that cable on the sub ( Left Channel and right Channel) RCA to conect on the back of the HU, do you have RCA on ur new HU? and do you have a presub out?

go to best buy they got a pair of 12"s or 10" for like 200 that will sound better!
(boom07)

umm WRONG...

YOur aftermarket deck will work your factory sub just fine. It connects merely into the speakers outputs, so by hooking up everything correctly, you're golden. No need for an OEM adapter thingy, just hook into the right wiring and you're set. Thatsaid, you might want to adjust the "gain" on it down a tad because you'll now be sending it more "inputsignal" (as wellas higher power to the rest of your speakers)

NO LOC's etc required..

ALSO I'd like to note that the "Pair of subs" notion is REALLY REALLY REALLY annoying. If you've got room for 2 10's whynot just get a single 12? you'll spend WAY less money, use about the same space, and get nearly identical output with much less power. Same goes for 2 12's vs a single 15. Unless you like seeing 2 woofers, it's nothing but sillyness.

And, while i'm at it.. SCREW BEST BUY! blah. I don't even know where to start that rant.

Last edited:
Poseur said:
umm WRONG...

YOur aftermarket deck will work your factory sub just fine. It connects merely into the speakers outputs, so by hooking up everything correctly, you're golden. No need for an OEM adapter thingy, just hook into the right wiring and you're set. Thatsaid, you might want to adjust the "gain" on it down a tad because you'll now be sending it more "inputsignal" (as wellas higher power to the rest of your speakers)

NO LOC's etc required..

ALSO I'd like to note that the "Pair of subs" notion is REALLY REALLY REALLY annoying. If you've got room for 2 10's whynot just get a single 12? you'll spend WAY less money, use about the same space, and get nearly identical output with much less power. Same goes for 2 12's vs a single 15. Unless you like seeing 2 woofers, it's nothing but sillyness.

And, while i'm at it.. SCREW BEST BUY! blah. I don't even know where to start that rant.

(deadhorse (deadhorse (deadhorse (deadhorse

best thing to do would be getting a decent sub

when i had my subs in my car i kept the spare tire sub connected cause it helped fill in the 80-120hz range that the stock speakers didnt really like

i know the audio guys are gonna say bad idea, but it sounded fine to me:)

129_2984-vi.jpg

i had that deck before in my P5. i loved it.

yes, the subwoofer will hook up to your Pioneer deck no problem.

see what your needs are. if you're not going to be expanding your sound system alot, then choose the Pioneer DEH-p770mp.... it has good output, good user interface and features. it also costs less than the deh-p8mp too. i have that one right now, it's perfect for the already aftermarket speakers in the MSP.

ChopstickHero said:
129_2984-vi.jpg

i had that deck before in my P5. i loved it.

yes, the subwoofer will hook up to your Pioneer deck no problem.

see what your needs are. if you're not going to be expanding your sound system alot, then choose the Pioneer DEH-p770mp.... it has good output, good user interface and features. it also costs less than the deh-p8mp too. i have that one right now, it's perfect for the already aftermarket speakers in the MSP.
also agree with him, and if thats still too much then go for the DEH-P7700MP
which is also a good HU its the one i got, i love it! also its good with Preouts, good features as well

thanks guys
i think i have my heart set on P80MP
sounddomain is selling it for 310 shipped includes all the wire and s***, i guess its not too too bad
what are the difference btw P80MP and P770MP anywayz?

dark86 said:
thanks guys
sounddomain is selling it for 310 shipped includes all the wire and s***, i guess its not too too bad

p8 is alittle mor advanced and has a different screen, if you have the dough jo then buy it, otherwise try to save some cash and use that saved cash on something else for your car, mayb a pair of components :) the P770mp is perfect for my needs, im you it would satisfy you also.

dark86 said:
thanks guys

one more thing. sounddomain may have it for 300 but i bet u theres other places *Cough* ebay *cough* at which it alot cheaper (thumb) and you can get the kit from a different website, and the harness from ur local best buy or circuit city, or even walmart. Best buy usually has it but intall it urself, the idiots dont' know how to install a radio on right if it was the last thing to do on this world. (hah)

santisurf said:
one more thing. sounddomain may have it for 300 but i bet u theres other places *Cough* ebay *cough* at which it alot cheaper (thumb) and you can get the kit from a different website, and the harness from ur local best buy or circuit city, or even walmart. Best buy usually has it but intall it urself, the idiots dont' know how to install a radio on right if it was the last thing to do on this world. (hah)

Those otherplaces are RARELY worth it. Pay a BIT extra upfront for quality. e-tailers are infamous for selling B-stock, etc. look for MANUFACTURER warrenty. if the site willnot offer it, it'd better be WAY cheap and you'd best be a gambling type. Often used units from reliable sources are even BETTER than supposedly "new in box" ones that alot of the e-clowns sell. we've seen it tiem and time again. esp with electronics. if it's woth the 40% chance tha tit may stop working within the first month and you may or may not have any form of recourse that will at BEST be you get to pay to send it back and then wait a couple of weeks for them to send you a new one.

Poseur said:
Those otherplaces are RARELY worth it. Pay a BIT extra upfront for quality. e-tailers are infamous for selling B-stock, etc. look for MANUFACTURER warrenty. if the site willnot offer it, it'd better be WAY cheap and you'd best be a gambling type. Often used units from reliable sources are even BETTER than supposedly "new in box" ones that alot of the e-clowns sell. we've seen it tiem and time again. esp with electronics. if it's woth the 40% chance tha tit may stop working within the first month and you may or may not have any form of recourse that will at BEST be you get to pay to send it back and then wait a couple of weeks for them to send you a new one.

yep thats why i prolly gonna go w/ sounddomain

Back