Question about FMIC

qikslvr2006

:
2011 Mazdaspeed3
I'm not sure if this is the right place for this question or not, if not then sorry. I was wanting to paint my FMIC black. But I didn't know if painting it would effect it or not. I know some have painted it but not painted the fins. I was thinking about getting it powder coated, when I get some other stuff powder coated. and I know powder coat paintit kinda heavy, and thought it might block the fins. So I am also thinking about buying a high temp paint and just spraying it, but will that mess with it also or no? I hope someone has a answer for me cause I can't figure it out. thanks :D (wink)

Also I thought this was funny I have never seen it = (gtfo). thought you would like to know............................................................... (lol)

if you were to going to paint the fins i would use that radiator paint that they make. that way you wouldnt comp the heat exchange rate or what ever. but i dont see why you couldnt powdercoat the end tanks but i dont know about that so i would let someone else chime in on that.

They had some neat stuff...Radiator pliers, radiator rake. I could use some stuff like that on my front mount and Radiator

Back