Question about body clips

sarsbars

:
'03 Protege5
Hey guys and girls,

A couple of weeks ago my tire blew and my rocker panel/side skirt got knocked off. It didn't come completely off, but my bf's dad removed it so I wouldn't lose it driving around. Anyway, we noticed that just about all of the clips were broken.

We checked around at AutoZone and VIP and neither place had the right kind. So I went online and ordered these:

http://www.clipsandfasteners.com/Mazda_Ford_Trim_Panel_Retainer_9_5mm_Stem_Length_p/a18824.htm

I just got them today and unfortunately they're too small. The old one's were a pain in the ass to get out and these won't even stay in.

Just wondering if any of you have fixed this problem before and if you know where I might be able to order some of the right size.

Thanks a bunch.

You can get them from Mazda, they're expensive (I think it was something like $20 for one side of the car) but I think it's your only choice.

If anyone knows where to get them for a better price please tell us where!

im interested in this too. most of my clips are brittle from the winter and i'll definitely need new ones next time i take the rockers off.

I had one leftover clip like the one you linked to and it seems to match. However, there are 2 varieties of clips used to hold that panel in. The following image illustrates that:
TZPgK.png

I suspect you may have found a source for half of the clips :p

I didn't bother ordering the bottom clips yet (the round ones) because I wanted to make sure that I only wasted some money and not a lot of money. I don't mind paying the $20 at this point. I just want to fix it.

Thank you!

Last edited:
Back