Question about any serious problems

mgerst1

:
2003.5 Mazda Protege MAZDASPEED Laser Blue Mica
My gf is looking at possibly buying a 2010 Cx-7 and since it hasnt changed much since 2009 I was wondering if anybody has had any major problems with their cx-7. Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks

Should i take as a sign all the views without any posts that these are overall very reliable cars?

oh dealer told her drivetrain and all was the same, body style was only change. Thanks for letting me know otherwise

I have a 2007 FWD and had some teething problems that were taken care of by the dealer in a timely no cost manor. I now have 30,200 miles of enjoyable driving. The 2010 should be a good trouble free vehicle with all bugs worked out years before. The chassey, suspension, and driveline are not new and all changes that I am aware of are cosmetic.

Agreed, the 2007 was the first model year and does have the most TSBs. Most of the "bugs have been worked out in the 2008/09 models.

The 2010 has a new front facia, new rear bumper cover and new wheels. On the interior there are some updates (silver trim, vanity mirror lights...etc) As stated above there is a new engine option in the base model (no turbo) but my understandin is the rest of the driveline is the same.

It should be a relatively trouble free vehicle for her.

-Matt

Thank you everyone for their insight. The gf ended up getting the equinox because mazdas warranty sucked. Thanks again. A mod can delete this now.

Im talking about length of time and mileage, mazda is only offereing 5 years 60,000 miles

out of curiousity what was wrong with their warranty
My point is..I'm not as concerned with the length of their warranty as I am with the JUNK they build. I got tired of spending all my time running for repairs that don't end up fixed right the first time or maybe not at all. I tried to stick with GM for a long time, but I finally gave up. If a warranty longer than Mazda's is what you want, go for it but be prepared to use it often. My CX7 is way above the Chevy I got rid of in every way. jmo

btw: the question you should be asking now is; are their any serious problems with the Equinox, on a Chevrolet forum.

Last edited:
yeah i did and didnt get a response. Its her car so its her consequences

Back