Question about 4 door es springs vs. protege5 springs

BlackMSP

Are these the same springs? Anybody have the specifics on rate and ride height difference between the two? Thanks =]

I'm not sure of the exact differences in spring rates between the two.

But it seems that aftermarket springs tends to drop the rear of the P5 more than it's front.

And aftermarket springs then to drop the front of the sedan more than it's rear.

there used to be a nice spring guide somewhere on this forum. It had all the ratings of the springs that exist.

Ah yes. Somewhere on the forum there is a section for suspension for Proteges. It's call the Protege Based Rims / Tires / Brakes / Suspension forum. With the spring guide.
http://www.msprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58798

If you're talking about stock springs, I know there's a difference, but there aren't any specs in the guide for the stock P5 springs.

Front springs are the same for the ES and P5, they share the same part number B26M-34-011B

Rear springs are different: ES BJ3D-28-011, P5 B26H-28-011.

01 and early 02 2.0 *automatic* sedans uses different front springs (B27R-34-011A) while all other model variations uses the same front springs... this changed later on and everything used the same front springs however

P5s with sunroofs uses different rear springs also (B26H-28-011)... P5s without sunroofs uses the same rear springs as the ES though (BJ3D-28-011)

Last edited:
Suspension tuning is far more complicated than I thought--even the sunroof affects handling! :)

well, the sunroof has a pretty big effect on the balance of the car. It puts a lot of weight up top, raising the center of gravity. I'm sure the stiffer springs are necessary to control that added motion.

Latest posts

Back