Question about 2008.5 Metro Gray

erik84

So I thought I was set on a Sunlight Silver Speed, but with the Metro Gray out I am torn. I have only seen the gray in photos, and they are never the same. They have varied from an extremely dark gray almost black, then seen them with the blue tint. So I guess it all depends on the lighting it's in? Any more Metro Grays out there that haven't posted photos yet?

So I thought I was set on a Sunlight Silver Speed, but with the Metro Gray out I am torn. I have only seen the gray in photos, and they are never the same. They have varied from an extremely dark gray almost black, then seen them with the blue tint. So I guess it all depends on the lighting it's in? Any more Metro Grays out there that haven't posted photos yet?

You'd think mazda would have these colors on their usa website by now along with the 8.5 upgrades...either they're extremely slow updating or they want the rest of the regular 08's sold before they get the 'word' out. MG is a nice color...similar to the special edition Rx-8...there are a few pics on here just search around...definitely much different than the Sunlight Silver...I think it's actually closer to the Cosmic Blue. You'll probably get a better deal on the silver as they are discontinued on the 08.5

Yeah i've seen the photos on here, trying to see if others have photos. I'm not too fond of the photos that make it look like the Cosmic Blue, no offence. I guess it's the mica that does it. I love the gray that the Evo has "Graphite Gray."

Here's a few that i believe were posted on here already, but oh well...from sportcompactcarweb.com

Attachments

• Metro2.jpg
    Metro2.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 201
  • metro1.jpg
    metro1.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 217
I've been lurking and looking for photos for months and have the same thoughts on how much different the color looks in different photos. Currently I'm in Iraq, and I too was set on Sunlight Silver until my dealer informed me it was discontinued when he put in the order. I'm now awaiting delivery of my Metropolitan Gray MS3 GT upon my return in mere weeks (or less!). So I'll really have to judge the color when I see it in person. I'll post photos when I get mine.

Of note: those photos from Sport Compact Car were very early production, if not pre-production. I'm sure the color is similar, but I'm not sure it's definitely MGM.

oh noes, the blue tint is what really makes it stand out from all other metallic greys out there. Honestly I really like that feature in the color. But everyone has their own taste in colors.

I was going to get the metro gray untill I saw it in person. The more light on it the more it turns a blueish hue. In direct sunlight I almost thought it was a blue mica. Does not look anything like other grays you like seeing on lexus, audi, bmw and so on. Really disapointed with the color and ended up going for black.

Back