2003 Black Mica MazdaSpeed Protege
Anyone that wants to meet tonight (Friday) for dinner and dropping off letters:

Executive decision:

Taco Mac - Old Milton

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...wloc=addr&om=1

7:30 work for everyone?

(Cross Posted on GACC)

http://www.q100atlanta.com/bertshow/BigThankYou/index.asp

Q100 fell 75k short on the letters they want to send out to troops stationed outside of the United States. If you can take the time to hand write out a letter it would mean a lot to the folks stationed outside the US. Who knows, it might end up in the hands of one of our folks here on the Mazda Forums!

DEADLINE IS FRIDAY - drop your letter off at a local Taco Mac.

text-letterformat.jpg

Each letter should be heartfelt, handwritten, original, and free of any political statements. The purpose of the letter is to express thanks to the military personnel serving the United States. We reserve the right to eliminate those messages that are political in nature and that do not reflect a positive message in the spirit of Thanksgiving. Those letters will be destroyed.​

All letters must be on 8.5 X 11 paper or smaller. Do not use glue, tape, staples, cardboard, glitter or otherwise attach anything to the paper. Decorate using crayons, pencil, etc. Use both side if you like, but use one page per letter only. Do not send cards or photographs. Feel free to include your mailing and email address, if you like and you may get a response. Individual letters should not be sealed in envelopes.
Do not send anything except letters. We cannot accept donations of any kind, and they should not be included or attached to letters.​

text-submitletter.jpg

Starting on Wednesday, October 17, letters can be dropped off at one of the drop off locations or mailed to the address below.​

MAIL YOUR LETTER:
Letters can be mailed to the following address:
The Bert Show's Big Thank You
3070 Windward Plaza, Suite F 350
Alpharetta, GA 30005

tacomac-photo.jpg

DROP OFF LOCATIONS:
Starting now letters can be dropped
off at any Atlanta-area Taco Mac location.
CLICK HERE for Taco Mac locations and directions

Last edited:
this is a pretty awesome idea. I was just telling megan the other day that I need to find something to do for those guys over there because they will no longer deliver packages addressed to "any serviceman"

I didn't know they changed that Michael. I guess with all the bad people wanting to send not good things, I guess I can understand why. I figure if we each right out a couple letters, we can drop them off at the Taco Mac on Thursday (pre-bowling dinner?) or on Friday (just get together and have dinner and hand them in?)....

I'll have to turn mine in solo tomorrow because I have to work.

I hate work. I just want to go bowling on thursdays with you guys dammit!
Oh well, I guess if I want to run STREET touring next year I'll need some parts, therefore the job is necessary.

Last edited:
I'll have to turn mine in solo tomorrow because I have to work.

I hate work. I just want to go bowling on thursdays with you guys dammit!
Oh well, I guess if I want to run STREET touring next year I'll need some parts, therefore the job is necessary.

mang, a job is always necessary

Want to plan for dinner Friday night at Taco Mac (we can figure out which one is convenient for all involved) and hand in the letters?

and yes, a job is a necessity! :)

I think so...

Okay - dinner tonight at a Taco Mac so we can deliver the handwritten letters?

Even if we each write a couple, it makes a difference. :)

ve vill see. I'm doing the final walkthrough on the house tonight. Worst case I drop 'em off on the way to bowling :)

mentioned in the NP thread, but I can't make dinner tonight. I can drop my letter off sometime I guess. there is a TM over on crossville and woodstock rd (hwy 92 just go west from hwy 9) I am going to try to get more than one written

Y'all wanna meet up tomorrow (Friday) night? I know there's a ton around here, so let's get this s*** done!

On a side note, one of the guys I work with has a son stationed in Tikrit, Iraq, and we're taking donations of food, clothes, hygiene items, and any other appropriate non-perishables for his unit (lol that's not gacc at all). If y'all even just have some left over halloween hard-candy (s*** that won't instantly melt), I wouldn't mind taking it off of your hands :)

i can try for 7:30...can we push it till 8 by chance i will be at work late doing the remander of the work on my dads truck and i gotta get home and take the doggies out. This is the Tmac that every blew up in right?

i can try for 7:30...can we push it till 8 by chance i will be at work late doing the remander of the work on my dads truck and i gotta get home and take the doggies out. This is the Tmac that every blew up in right?

7:30, 8, whatever. As JA said, we can just wait to order, just so long as we have a headcount I suppose. It's not like it's going to be busy on a friday night or anything......

Oh... :p

Yeah, it's the one where the stuff was blowing up... nothing's blown up the last few times we've been tho ;)

Back