Protge321's Turbo Build

Sry I haven't got back to you on the pan bro, I'm trying to find it before we go any further but I miss placed the bastard.

What happened to the Tial 50mm bov?

damian: the cork gasket is reusable...it's not a pressurized seal, it's not a high tolerance seal, it's just there to stop oil from leaking out of the pan...and the cork gasket does just as good as a job as RTV without the mess, the prep, and the 24 hour seal time (if you use the real RTV silicone, as opposed to that mr. gasket crap that never seals properly)

damian: the cork gasket is reusable...it's not a pressurized seal, it's not a high tolerance seal, it's just there to stop oil from leaking out of the pan...and the cork gasket does just as good as a job as RTV without the mess, the prep, and the 24 hour seal time (if you use the real RTV silicone, as opposed to that mr. gasket crap that never seals properly)

ok man. never had much luck with them myself.

still looking for an oil pan. lmk. looking for a BOV also.
i've got an AWR new oil pan for you...lmk (going in FS section tonight)

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=4 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=body vAlign=top>DEEP SUMP OIL PAN, STD - 1.8 AND 2.0 PROTEGE 626 MX6 PROBE<!--
<small>Model: 1999-2003 PROTEGE AND MAZDASPEED</small> //-->
Deep sump oil pan for 1995-2003 1.8 & 2.0 Protege, Mazda MX-6 and Ford Probe 4 cylinder.

Comes with spacer and hardware for oil pick up... Adds 1.5 quart extra capacity <!-- //-->
<TABLE cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY></TBODY></TABLE>

</TD><TD class=body vAlign=top align=right width="20%"><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top align=right colSpan=3>
image.php
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Sry I haven't got back to you on the pan bro, I'm trying to find it before we go any further but I miss placed the bastard.

What happened to the Tial 50mm bov?

oh no problem, just lmk. i will most likely go with the Tial but im just exploring some other options as well :)

i've got like 3 oil pans.

pm sent.

i was suppose to recieve the turbo today but i wasnt home for the required signature.. :( ill have pics up tomorrow. payed for some coolant lines as well (thanks bazooka joe (thumb)), once those get here ill see what else i need for coolant feed/return and finish ordereing that stuff.

Last edited:
so do u think that it would be a good idea to use the cork gasket and rtv on both sides of the gasket? or jus rtv or the gasket only?

does anyone happen to know what the color code is or where i can find the color to paint the a-pillar triple gauge pod to match the stock a-pillar color? its tan.

so do u think that it would be a good idea to use the cork gasket and rtv on both sides of the gasket? or jus rtv or the gasket only?

absolutely not

the gasket is so you don't need to use RTV, if you are going to use RTV then why would you need the gasket? you would use one or the other

can someone help me out and lmk what the bolt sizes of the oil drain on the turbo are?

also, i am have some trouble figuring out what spring to get with the Tial 50mm BOV, i plan on running 6-9psi. do i get the black -7psi (-14in/Hg) or the white -9psi (-18in/Hg)? im looking for some more understanding with what that even means too, any help is appreciated! thanks.

bump, still looking for an oil pan and some more information on whats above, just pm me a price for the oil pan. thanks.

sorry for the noobish question.. but what size bolts (orange) go on the wga to hold it down? do i torque them down?
and what holds it onto thee lower part (green)?

gt25rwga.jpg

Take the wga off and take it to the hardware store with you if no one knows the size and I don't think they need to be torqued, just tight enough.

An E-Clip holds the rod to the turbo.

Take the wga off and take it to the hardware store with you if no one knows the size and I don't think they need to be torqued, just tight enough.

An E-Clip holds the rod to the turbo.

you dont happen to know what size e-clip do you..

Last edited:
Nope, my buddy had one with him on install but its pretty damn small.

Just buy an assortment of e-clips, you'll figure out the right size.

You're getting a tune correct? Pretty sure you'll be pushing 9psi after a tune so I say get the -9psi spring.

Back