protege5 raddle/heavy vibration when engaging clutch.

Meg11110

:
02 protege5
I have an 02 protege 5 manual transmission. I have recently replaced wheel bearings (both front) cv shaft (driver front) both lower control arms, ALL motor and transmission mounts. It also has had a full transmission flush less then 100 miles ago.

The problem: I have a loud rattling behind the dash and in my shifter. I originally thought it was the transmission mount located in front of the fire wall since I could see wear and tear and the one on front on transmission was worse. So I replaced every mount. Well... the rattling and vibration is still there. Any ideals how to torder narrow it down to what's wrong? No I don't take my car to the shop, I've been screwed over too many times since I'm a women.

Think it could be one of exhaust heat shields? There's one right under the shifter. I think mine is rattling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wrote a big response to this post last night and for some reason it disappeared: Long story short, Throw Out bearing...If you feel vibration and hear a rattle WHEN you engage the clutch likely the throwout bearing. Which would mean putting a new clutch, throwout bearing and might as well do the rear main seal while you are at it. Without being at the car to listen its really hard to know...Can you post a link to a video so we can listen? Maybe get a friend to film? Good Luck!

I wrote a big response to this post last night and for some reason it disappeared: Long story short, Throw Out bearing...If you feel vibration and hear a rattle WHEN you engage the clutch likely the throwout bearing. Which would mean putting a new clutch, throwout bearing and might as well do the rear main seal while you are at it. Without being at the car to listen its really hard to know...Can you post a link to a video so we can listen? Maybe get a friend to film? Good Luck!

You replied to the OP's other thread:

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/show...5-raddle-heavy-vibration-when-engaging-clutch

Throwout bearings usually just make noise.

Vibration upon clutch engagement can usually be attributed to a warped clutch disk, uneven flywheel surface, or warped pressure plate.

This doesn't sound like the OP's issue though. Check over the exhaust hangers.

Back