Protege5 mazdaspeed swap

Has anyone done or know anyone who has done an engine swap from the 2.0 to the turbo mazdaspeed 1.8? Or what the best turbo kit is for the 2.0?

Has anyone done or know anyone who has done an engine swap from the 2.0 to the turbo mazdaspeed 1.8? Or what the best turbo kit is for the 2.0?
Mazdaspeed motor is the same 2.0L FSDE engine, only has a turbo bolted on and some other parts. Do a quick search and you'll find LOADS of information on this.

The MSP houses the same 2.0 the P5 does... don't know about the 1.8 your refering to...

and as far as Turbo kits... head down to the FS section it's like Turbo Heaven.... if you have the $$$$$

or... click on my sig for further instructions.

ok cool thanks for the help i've been wanting to turbo for a while now just really havent decided on the right thing to do and cost efficient

hey, i have herd alot of people saying the msp engine is the same 2.0l as the p5, and to just get the turbo instead of the engine swap. I have to get a new engine anyway, so if i were to get the msp engine, can i keep the same engine mounts and trany?? please reply i need to know

hey, i have herd alot of people saying the msp engine is the same 2.0l as the p5, and to just get the turbo instead of the engine swap. I have to get a new engine anyway, so if i were to get the msp engine, can i keep the same engine mounts and trany?? please reply i need to know

(chair) tHREAD rEVIVAL

This has been covered, a lot.

All you need is the Turbo Kit or custom fab one yourself, the Lower Crank Support plate( unless you tap your own or you could tap the oilpan for the return line from the turbo, MSP ECU, and any little misc stuff like Oil Lines and Coolant Lines. There is a ton of information here on how to do this.

If the engine is all you want, it is the exact same engine meaning everything internally including the mounting, etc, etc, is the same. The only difference is the Turbo kit of course and the LSD in the Trans.

I have a Protege 5 aswell and am wondering if its worth swapping the engine out with one from a mazdaspeed 6 turbo. My thought is it will offer a lot more power. My only few questions does the P5 tranny work with this engine and will the engine fit in the engine bay

The engine from the Mazdaspeed 3 and the Mazdaspeed 6 are the same engine and DO NOT fit a Pro5 w/o a lot of custom fab. work. It would be cheaper to sell the car and just buy the Speed 3 or Speed 6.

on forumshawaii evade offered to sell me a msp motor w/turbo, no ecu, not plug in play for $600. been thinking real hard about this. all i would need is wireharness and msp computer to swap right? and as everyone asking but hasnt really got an answer, will the p5 trans fit the msp motor and will i need to rebuild my tranny and buy lsd??

It's the exact same engine as the 2.0 protege or the Protege5 with essentially an aftermarket turbo kit bolted up, ...... same wire harness too. The transmission is just a G-series transmission with an LSD, so yes, it will bolt right up, no need to rebuild it if its not broken, and an LSD is not required. For the record this has been answered 5000 times I'm sure. As long as you have a 5 speed, all you need are the turbo system components, and the MSP ECU. done.

Last edited:
Back