protege5 clutch

sasp5

:
02 P5
hey folks. the clutch in my 03 p5 is driving me crazy. i think it might be time for a new one. it doesnt seem to grab very well from a stop. city driving is becoming annoying. the car only has 102,000 KMS. i've only had the car for 1 yr but it's my second p5 and i remember the first one doing similar things. are there any known issues with the clutch? what would be a recommended replacement? oem? thanks in advance.

All depends on how it was driven before you got it, but 102k seems low for needing a new clutch. One of the issues that seemed to cause mine to slip early was a torn rear motor mount.

I think the flywheel has a tendency to become warped and chatter. That what you're talking about?

Id say resurface your flywheel and replace the clutch while your there I have the same problem on every cold start

I have the same chattering issues, but it seems to be intermittent. I think it has to do with how much gas you give it and how fast you move the clutch pedal. I'm at 131,800 miles with original clutch and flywheel.

I've tried doing it different ways doesn't help any.
Sasp- id say getting a clutch kit and replacing everything (pilot bearing,throw out bearing,clutch,preassure plate, resurface the flywheel) and your problem should be fixed

I was having similar issues this past year with very rough starts in 1st gear - thought I was having clutch chatter but wasn't sure. Then a few months ago I threw a CEL, so I ran the code and found I was having a cylinder misfire. I replaced plugs, wires and coil packs. Not only did the CEL go away, so did the rough 1st gear starts.

Check your engine mounts, after replacing mine fixed my 1st gear starts, im up to 168,000kms and ive got alberta winters wreaking havoc on my car...

Latest posts

Back