Protege Sedan Lip Options?

Majyk

:
'03 Mazda Protege ES & '93 Mazda B2200 LE5
I am looking for an option other than the oem front lip for a 3rd gen Protege sedan. I know on 2nd gens you can run a Civic or Accord ebay lip. I tried a 96-98 Civic lip like the 2nd gen guys use and it came up like 3" short. Anybody have any ideas or lips that will for sure fit?

ive been wondering the same thing, im pre sure the accord lip in any year will fit cz its longer, maybe ford focus oem lip ...

If you find the answer to this I am really interested as well. I have an 03 mazda es and it seems like the only options is either change the bumper or find an oem lip which you might as well just get an mp3 bumper.

Well I guess I will order an Accord lip tomorrow. Everything I keep seeing says on a seccond gen the 94-97 Accord lip will fit but needs cut down. I guess I will find out how it fits the third gen. The Civic lip I ordered will be getting donated to a friends Civic project.

check ebay for an 06-07 STI S204 lip or a Chargespeed Lip, i personally have the S204 on my car
WP_000352.jpg

S204 Lip
https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

Chargespeed I think is name
https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

Thats the same set up im gonna run i already have the msp lip and bumper ill be getting the splitter in a week or so. and when i feel like changing things up i have a DG lip to slap on. I have a 99 and gave up on finding a sedan lip and really likes the msp front bumper so im doing the swap this weekend.

That is awesome! Great looking car man hope to have mine at that point some day.
thanks man i havent done much work to it as it was an MSP to begin with...

Thats the same set up im gonna run i already have the msp lip and bumper ill be getting the splitter in a week or so. and when i feel like changing things up i have a DG lip to slap on. I have a 99 and gave up on finding a sedan lip and really likes the msp front bumper so im doing the swap this weekend.
good luck man hope all goes well with the conversion, i have a dg grille im currently putting in the lower honeycomb

Well I guess I will order an Accord lip tomorrow. Everything I keep seeing says on a seccond gen the 94-97 Accord lip will fit but needs cut down. I guess I will find out how it fits the third gen. The Civic lip I ordered will be getting donated to a friends Civic project.

very interested in how this works out.. I have an 02 sedan lx. Post pics of what you attempt if it works out. I was thinking about trying a 01 civic lip... Anyone know if the 3" shortage would be filled with an 01 lip?

subbed

JP

I had a 94-97 accord lip on its like half an inche short on each side picked up at the junk yard for 10 bucks now i have a HD lip .... Also if the 94-97 Accord lip fits shouldn't other lips that go in that year fit as well

im picking up a 01 civic lip this weekend. I highly doubt the lip will fit around the bumper perfectly... ill let you guys know how the test fit goes.

thanks man i havent done much work to it as it was an MSP to begin with...

good luck man hope all goes well with the conversion, i have a dg grille im currently putting in the lower honeycomb

thanks man im sure well be ok though i have an extra bumper incase we mess up..lol

but what do you mean your gonna put a DG grill in the bottom like mod the lower bumper to fit a dg grill there is that what you mean im confused(uhm)

thanks man im sure well be ok though i have an extra bumper incase we mess up..lol

but what do you mean your gonna put a DG grill in the bottom like mod the lower bumper to fit a dg grill there is that what you mean im confused(uhm)

No like bikingpro5 did, he used the mess from lower grill to fill in the dg grille

Well I got the 94-97 Accord lip ordered today. I think if it doesnt work out I will give it a rest for a while unless somebody else finds something that doesn't have to have a section added to fit.

Ya I have seen several different lips on those bumpers. I only see OEM lips on the bumpers like my 03 ES sedan has.

no luck with the 01 civic type r lip... its about 2 inches short on both sides... Im going to try using a heat gun to stretch the plastic n hopefully mold it to my bumper...

Any other options/ opinions guys?

I am impatiently waiting on the Accord lip to show up. I hope it works when it gets here. I think a factory SVT Focus lip would work. I did some measuring on my girlfriends Focus sedan and the bumpers seem to be the exact same size.

I am impatiently waiting on the Accord lip to show up. I hope it works when it gets here. I think a factory SVT Focus lip would work. I did some measuring on my girlfriends Focus sedan and the bumpers seem to be the exact same size.

Which year is your gf`s focus? hopefully your accord lip work out cus i'd really like to stay with the type r look. keep us posted :)

Back