Protege engine failure

would i be able to find a barely used still in box awr or corksport radiator?? if i have the money for a new one ill get it new with warrenty but if not ill buy one barely used one so let me know if anyones selling one or knows where i can get one with good warrenty!!!

hey i want to buy a radiator for my msprotege.....i hvae the stock fmic what radiator can i get that willl fit without having to buy a new fmic???

The stock one is the only one I know of, and you have a SMIC (side mount) if it's stock.. FMIC kits have the core on the front behind the bumper.

yea i want to get acorksport radiator but it says i cant have the stock ummm ima just get a perrin fmic later on **** it lol

Perrin doesn't make FMICs anymore, but the Turbolife kit is identical to it. However, that kit is no longer made either as the 3rd group buy just ended. So your only chance of obtaining either of them will be used.

Otherwise there is the Corksport which is $$$ or you could custom fab your own using a universal core and pipes. Aside from the Corksport, I don't think anyone else makes brand new FMIC kits anymore.

If you haven't made up your mind if you're even keeping the car yet, I'd advise against buying a bunch of new aftermarket parts. Most folks on here who have modded their cars have had to put them back to stock to sell them. If you need a radiator, post a WTB (want to buy) thread on the forum for a good used oem MSP radiator, retain the stock intercooler, get the stock engine back together and running right, and then look at what you want to do going forward. Thats the cheapest way to have a fully-functional daily driver which will be the easiest way to sell it if thats what you want to do.

Otherwise there is the Corksport which is $$$ or you could custom fab your own using a universal core and pipes. Aside from the Corksport, I don't think anyone else makes brand new FMIC kits anymore.
Corksport, kinetic / ion, hiboost, and altered customs are still being made.
turbolife had some spares as well, but i dont know if he still does. ill try to think if anyone else makes them.

Corksport, kinetic / ion, hiboost, and altered customs are still being made.
turbolife had some spares as well, but i dont know if he still does. ill try to think if anyone else makes them.

I forgot altered customs, but I didn't know about iON and HiBoost still making kits. Where can you get them?

hiboost still has a link on their site, but not for most of the other stuff they used to make for the protege, so i assume they make it. its like 900-something but its a nice kit from what ive read and it includes an AEM diverter valve. im probably going to go this route if i can, but so damn expensive.
a lot of people really like the kinetic motorsports (no longer ion) one as well, "original and still best" being the mentality i guess. its also on their website and also costs an arm and a leg.

Last edited:
yea im deffenetly keeping the car its the best choice i can make :) im getting a job for the weekends cause i play ball at my university and with that money ill buy what i want i made a list of things that i was planning on getting....its a daily driver so im not rushing into buying a new turbo so ima slowly buy all the things i want for the car and get it installed....i want to start off with a new head gasket and stud bolts then an aem gauge combo from protegegarage and ill work my way up from there!!!!
thanks to everyone for all the valuable info that i will keep and use for life thank you:)))

Back