Protege eBay short ram intake video and picture

codex

:
2016 Mazda3 Hatchback
I decided to buy the eBay short ram intake after noticing the stock intake tube cracking. Since people buy these for the sound and looks I thought I would share it with you. At first the intake hit the master cylinder but I managed to move more of the pipe into the silicone coupler so that it no longer touches. I did some research and it appears that the intake comes from a wholesaler named Spec-D Tuning. http://www.specdtuning.com/af-prog01c-es.html

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_20110813_024554.jpg
    IMG_20110813_024554.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 2,765
Last edited:
I forgot to mention in my first post. The edges of the aluminum tubing had burrs where it was cut. I didn't want to chance a piece of that breaking off and getting sucked into the engine, so I used a rock from the driveway to deburr all the edges of the tubing. I would suggest anyone else who buys an eBay intake do the same.

thank you sir. i was just emailing the same people about an intake for my P5. maybe you can get back to me sooner. i don't trust the "washable" ebay filters because they killed my brother engine in his golf, so i found a guy selling a K&N filter that he's not using. do you know what the outer diameter of the pipe so i can make sure they filter will fit?

appreciate it....and go get some gas. :)

I run this intake with an AEM DryFlow filter. I'm going to cut 2 inches off the pipe from the intake manifold to the MAF sensor. Removing the nipple for the crankcase breather, I'm gonna put on a breather filter instead. The intake was hitting the top radiator hose and that's not somethin I want.

hey question about your install. Where did you anchor the intake too? I got two little aluminium peices that I have no clue where they go

Back