Protege 5 Roof Rack

yiar

I'm looking to purchase a roof rack for my '02 Protege 5. I live in Canada, just moved provinces to get closer to the mountains and now need a roof rack for my board.
If someone has one I'd love to hear from them

Thanks,
Yiar

Check the for sale section, they come & go from there or might catch one on ebay. Either way make sure you already have the tracks if you now have absolutely nothing on yours. If you have the capped tracks then you just need the racks themselves. Most of the time I've seen only the racks themselves for sale but you may luck out on the FS here if someone has just totally removed theirs down to nothing at all.

Look on ebay once in a while. I see roof racks for sale on there once or twice every month or so. I know the Canadian P5's dont come with any part of the roof rack so when you do find one make sure you get the roof rails, crossbars w/ plastic covers on the ends, and all hardware. There is part of a rack for sale on ebay right now, just the cross bars without the plastic end pieces:

https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

i had the thule one on my P5, it was pricy though (500$). if you do get that one make sure you get the wind faring or its going to howle on you

I have the stock one, I don't use it anymore so if you want to work something out let me know.

I've got it new!

I have a set - new in the box - never opened. Make an offer - email at tccrowell@yahoo.com. Thanks.

I'm looking to purchase a roof rack for my '02 Protege 5. I live in Canada, just moved provinces to get closer to the mountains and now need a roof rack for my board.
If someone has one I'd love to hear from them

Thanks,
Yiar

I also have the Thule roof rack and it is very pricey. Also, I find the fit kit could be better ajusted, I heard Yakima is better for the P5 but they don't sell those anywhere up here...

We massively screwed over here in Canada for prices on roof racks. With our dollar so strong and just with US prices alone for that sort of stuff, it's so ridiculous how much money you'll save by buying south of the border.

I'm all for supporting the Canadian market but when it means paying $200 more, no thanks - I'll support a more competive and reasonable global internet market, thank you very much!

I was planning on removing my roof rack at some point. I've read alot about it and I know that there are plastic pieces that fill in the spots where the roof rack was when you take it off. I havent been able to figure out for the life of me where to get these pieces but if you can find them for me, I will take off my roofrack and pretty much trade you for the plastic pieces. I think you know what Im talking about. ANyway, thanks.

Just bought a Protege 5 '03...I need a stock roof rack. The one with the adjustable back section...anyone near california with one?

hmmm I have a Yakima roof rack for sale. Make offer. Ill ship it to Canada. click on my link on my sig

If what Riken has is not what you looking for I might be able to Trade you my stock rack for the filler strip's and some cash.

PM me if interested.

Back