Prospective buyer, w/ Mazda3 S performance questions.

heh yeah that's what i've been slowly trying to do...
So far i've gotten a CAI, Test pipe, Mazdaspeed 3 Exhaust..
I see springs and rims by next year.. lol

i got a sri showing up in the mail tomorrow (birthday present from my brother), my wife is getting me tint (birthday present), and i should be getting a corksport exhaust for my birthday also (birthday present from myself)! hehe lol (2thumbs) (birthday)

i do want to paint my rims tho at sometime, maybe this/next fall?

not so much regretting, more like missing. no regrets I purchased this mazda 3.
It suits my current lifestyle the best.. married with a kid.. but I so do miss my younger years... heh. It's alright.. in 5 years I'm buying an Evo. =P

Understood. The practical side of the car appeals to me very much, but I can't get past the horsepower portion of this equation. I have no kids, no wife (kinda..), and don't really "need" a practical car, it's just seems like what I should be looking for @ 28, lol.

I used to cruise to work with a 2010 EVO when I had the MSP, and everyday I'd just make him beat on it, and boy, it was impressive w/ the tune, intake, and TBE. That thing was quick. It never got old watching and listening to that car leave me behind...hahha

lol yeah man i can imagine! i love the sound of any turbo/bov! its really your choice man, let us know what you come up with!

I can just see myself driving around now, making the turbo spool noise with my mouth while accelerating, LMAO. Oh man...

I've got a MS3 and spent a fair bit of time behind the wheel on my friend's 3 sedan.

The MS3 will plaster you into your seat if you want it, it almost mocks hills and turns because it's pretty overpowered for much of the driving I do. It doesn't have to be driven hard to go way too fast on most roads. If you want the better numbers and the feel of huge acceleration, get the MS3

The 3, on the other hand, can be driven hard in many more places because it has less power and you really have to drive it. I found that it was very enjoyable to wind up the engine pretty high through 1st and 2nd gear without breaking the tires loose and getting torque steer. If you want the feeling of driving hard, without the likelihood of splattering yourself all over the pavement, get the 3 S GT.

Both cars handle very well, are exceptionally well-braked, and having a hatch has been fantastic. IMO it's win-win between either one.

i got a sri showing up in the mail tomorrow (birthday present from my brother), my wife is getting me tint (birthday present), and i should be getting a corksport exhaust for my birthday also (birthday present from myself)! hehe lol (2thumbs) (birthday)

i do want to paint my rims tho at sometime, maybe this/next fall?

glad you went with the CS

Dude I'm 38yo single dad with 10&11yo boys but practical is not in my dictionary. I might be content with something like an MS6 with awd and stock power :) but fwd with a 5spd is just going to be begging for more power to be any fun!

Understood. The practical side of the car appeals to me very much, but I can't get past the horsepower portion of this equation. I have no kids, no wife (kinda..), and don't really "need" a practical car, it's just seems like what I should be looking for @ 28, lol.

I used to cruise to work with a 2010 EVO when I had the MSP, and everyday I'd just make him beat on it, and boy, it was impressive w/ the tune, intake, and TBE. That thing was quick. It never got old watching and listening to that car leave me behind...hahha

I've got a MS3 and spent a fair bit of time behind the wheel on my friend's 3 sedan.

The MS3 will plaster you into your seat if you want it, it almost mocks hills and turns because it's pretty overpowered for much of the driving I do. It doesn't have to be driven hard to go way too fast on most roads. If you want the better numbers and the feel of huge acceleration, get the MS3

The 3, on the other hand, can be driven hard in many more places because it has less power and you really have to drive it. I found that it was very enjoyable to wind up the engine pretty high through 1st and 2nd gear without breaking the tires loose and getting torque steer. If you want the feeling of driving hard, without the likelihood of splattering yourself all over the pavement, get the 3 S GT.

Both cars handle very well, are exceptionally well-braked, and having a hatch has been fantastic. IMO it's win-win between either one.

Very well put. It's sometimes true what they say "Sometimes it's more fun to drive a "slow" car quickly, than drive a fast car slowly." Thanks for the input. Having driven and owned both cars being compared, your input is very valuable.

Dude I'm 38yo single dad with 10&11yo boys but practical is not in my dictionary. I might be content with something like an MS6 with awd and stock power :) but fwd with a 5spd is just going to be begging for more power to be any fun!

I lack self-control, Shane, hahaha. With the Speed3, I'll be hammering up every on-ramp I see.

This is the conversation my girlfriend and I have weekly: "So Hun, what do you think about this car ? "Is that fast" ? she replies. "No, not really, but people say it's still fun-to-drive". She then replies "You're totally kidding yourself, you'll hate driving anything that has less than 220hp".

Hilarious.

I thought I would throw my 2 cents in here. I have never owned a turbo car, nor do i want to (reliability). I have never owned a " fast" or "quick" car unless a Chevy Beretta gt falls into either catagory. For that matter a dodge stratus? Both were fun while they lasted. I guess what i really need to say is I have a grin every, EVERY time I get behind the wheel of my 3 hatch! I have never really had this much fun with anything I have owned. Go with your gut dude! Worst case you are not as happy with it as most 3 hatch owners, and trade it off for a speed3. Win either way! BTW my car is stock! It will only get more fun with mods.

Back