Props from SRT-4

dommo_g said:
gayflag.gif

Then when your engine falls out, you can sit there and entertain yourself rolling your windows up and down waiting for a tow truck.

I guess you got something to worry about...

Just had a run in with an SRT4. Guy said he had 3" downpipe to a 3.5" cat back system. One pipe. Car looked and sounded hooked up. Told him I should be real close to pretty much 300 whp. Dyno awaits. We try to make a quick dash but I don't fall for it b/c there was to many variables invovled although, at launch I took first all the way and pulled from him a car length before I turned off. You could actually hear his waste gate.

Anyway, funny how he told me that my BOV sounded weird....oh wait he said word for word 'your bov is ****** up'....lmao

ive seen ms3 running low 13s so why can a ms3 beat a srt-4??? if is moded ms3 vs moded srt-4 will be tight but if the ms3 is bone stock forget it

depends on how serious the mods are on th srt-4.....some old guy pulled up next to me in a black srt-4 and asked me how i like the car.."its great" he said " its ****** nice man, congrats" ms3 ftw YES!

k-lea said:
Nothing? I guess I found humor in it in another way than you..

LoL especially if you know what a Dork technically is ;) since your a girl and a guys saying were all dorks meaning were all di..... well you know lol

I had a 03 pt cruiser gt turbo that i had runnin 13s in the 1/4mi....i loved that car but they tend not to hold up to well against a telephone pole ecspecially when your drunk! But yea anyways it was quick like they said earlier all depends on what you have done to the car... i had a hks ssq bov 3in tru-bendz down pipe 3in cat-back with high flow cat..stage 1...and in them thats just ecu and 4 injectors...k+n typhoon intake...10mm plug wires..the list is long......

sorry guys, like Dommo G, I have owned both cars and will definately guess that, given equal driving skills, a stock SRT will take a stock MS3, though not by much.

Stock SRT's have been proven capable of mid 13's (I think we have a record of either 13.6 or 13.7 on srtforums) in the hands of a good driver. So far we've only seen one 13.9 out of an MS that I know of, and none lower, mostly in the mid 14's.

Car and Driver did just run a 14 flat at 101mph, which is a good sign because you know there are always one or two more tenths to be had from what the mag's run.

Seriously though, SRT and MS put down almost the EXACT same amount of power (220-230 whp, 250 wheel tq), and the MS weighs 200-300 lbs more than the SRT. So, with equal drivers, the SRT has the advantage. And anyways... who the hell drives a stock SRT anymore??? $100 waste gate actuator upgrade will net ~25 more hp on that car.

I liked mine and it was great but I wanted something a little lower profile and more family friendly as I have a baby on the way. Never got any CEL's, by the way, and my engine never fell out :D

The MS definately has a faster interior though... SRT's have slow interiors

knowledge007 said:
Just had a run in with an SRT4. Guy said he had 3" downpipe to a 3.5" cat back system. One pipe. Car looked and sounded hooked up. Told him I should be real close to pretty much 300 whp. Dyno awaits. We try to make a quick dash but I don't fall for it b/c there was to many variables invovled although, at launch I took first all the way and pulled from him a car length before I turned off. You could actually hear his waste gate.

Anyway, funny how he told me that my BOV sounded weird....oh wait he said word for word 'your bov is ****** up'....lmao

Wastegate doesn't make noise.(uhm)

dommo_g said:
Wastegate doesn't make noise.(uhm)

Come for a ride in my car... I'll show you a LOUD ASS wastegate!

And yes they do make noise. At least external ones. When mine opens you can hear the "wooosh" sound really well...

Ya, I have a Tial 38mm and it's loud as ****.

Just so the n00bs know, a wastegate is not to be confused with a BOV...

Back