• Toyota AE86 Corolla - drifting

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Honda CRX - drag

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing and focus on MP3 as a bad ass daily driver

Votes: 3 37.5%

• Total voters

NC_MP3

Should I get a project car and build it or say **** it and stick with modding the MP3? What would you do?

I am considering the following:

Nissan 240 S13
Honda CRX
Toyota AE86 Corolla
Mazda 323 GTX

If I get the Nissan I would drop in an SR20 and a really good suspension. Plus I love the S13 look, especially a JDM front end, they look awesome and I rarely see anyone with a JDM conversion.

The Honda CRX would be an all out drag car, but still be streetable. Prolly a built B18 ls-vtec running around 20 psi. Light car, good engine choice, lots of aftermarket.

Toyota Corolla would be a drift car. I love Initial D and would love to own one. Of all the old 80's sporty cars I like the look of it the best. They are rare though, hard to find a GT-S

Mazda 323 GTX. AWD, very strong engine. Would build it for all around racing. They are rare though, hard to find. Would be a great sleeper.

Or I could not buy one and stick to the MP3. If I bought a project car I would stop modding the MP3.

I am leaning torwards the 240. I love the look.

What would you do?

Last edited:
******* TOYOTA AE86 COROLLA BUT YOULL NEVER FIND A REAL TRUENO IN GOOD SHAPE IN THE US THE ONLY OPTION IS TO IMPORT THEM BUT THEN YOU HAVE TO GO THROUGH CUSTOMS. BUT GOOD LUCK ON YOUR SEARCH, I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO GET MY HANDS ON A PERFECT ONE AND THE SEARCH CONTINUES WHICH STARTED A YEAR AGO SO IT'S NOT LIKE YOU JUST GO OUT AND BUY A AE86 TRUENO JDM SPEC MODEL. YOU CAN GET THE US VERSION BUT IT WONT BE AS COOL AS THE JAPAN SPEC TRUENO =D BUT GL WHATEVER YOU WANT!!! MY SECOND CHOICE WOULD BE A 240SX BUT THEY ARE HEAVY, AND LONG! THEY CAN BE FAST BUT THAT REQUIRES LOTS OF MODS. IT'S AN EXPENSIVE PROJECT. THEN THE CRX THEN THE GTX. HONESTLY GET A REAR WHEEL DRIVE WHATEVER YOU DO!! IM TRYING TO DO THE SAME! YOU MIGHT WANT TO CONSIDER A *GASP* DOMESTIC! SUCH AS A FIREBIRD, CAMARO, OR MUSTANG BECUASE THEY CAN BE DAM FAST AND FUN/CHEAP TO MOD!

LET GO OF THE ******* CAPS LOCK KEY, GODDAMNIT MAN :)

With that aside, ahem, I say look for the GTX - there are more out there than you would think. I recently hand my eye on TWO of them, locally at that. They have a controllable locking differential, which can make for some fun times. If not that, you can always find a 323 GT - samew powerplant without the AWD.

I will agree with that last sentence in BlackMSP's post - find a mid to late 80s domestic pony car (firebird, camaro, mustang, capri 5.0). cheap to find, relatively easy to beat on, and easy to mod.

Latest posts

Back