Project Black has Begun! - Colorado

Someone on a local forum here did some PS touch up to clean up the tires...I am loving this more and more.
cac32ed9.jpg

+1 on the shine

mudflaps are growing on me.... but would be completely useless for me.... but makes the car look lower.... decisions
Mud flaps were always questionable for me. Today, I stopped questioning and just took them off. They are actually functional for me here in Colorado...Just weren't doing it for me.
0a1958ec.jpg

Honestly, it would be a better idea just to order Rally Armor universals directly. After shipping, it's worth it to just get the new ones. These are already wind shaped and everything else. Theyre not worth it used.

Looking for spring options to drop her another inch or so. Currently running the Eibach Pro Kit. I love the ride quality, so hopefully something that won't be much worse on ride quality.

I need suggestions and options.

Thank you! I know this one's grainy, but I kind of like it that way.
374ed4c2.jpg

Love how the RX8 rim's turned out on your car in black, how are you finding the ride since going to the 18"'s? I will be doing the same next summer on my 2002 :) Great thread I just read from page 1.

Thank you!

Over all, I love them and will be bummed when I have to put stockers back on for winter.

I was worried that it would eat some of the little amount of torque I have now, but the diameter is almost the same as my stockers with the 50 series tire. I think the 18's with a lower profile (35 series) tire are only about 1/4" larger in diameter.

It feels like they are a tiny bit lighter too (maybe because of the lack of rubber!). I have about 10 extra mm's of width on the ground per tire as well, so it handles great. The ride is a bit more rough because there is not a lot of sidewall. I have to keep a good eye out for potholes too. Colorado has some pretty bad roads in areas.

I say go for it. The car looks great with 18's on it, and IMO it was an overall gain.

Well...it was fun, but I sold her. After 10 good years with the Mazda, I now have a 2009 Cadillac CTS4 3.6l. I like this car too.

Thank you for all of your help and input. This was a great community. If I'm ever in a Mazda again, I'll be back.

Thanks, Guys! Again, everyone on the site (for the most part) was a huge help. I really was loving the P5, but needed to move on.

Back