Project Autumn

MazdaPro5Spd

:
Mazda Protege5
So I bought this 02 Protege5 for dirt cheap($350cdn) last july or august(cant remember exactly)
At first she didnt run properly, she had a clogged cat, and was burning oil on start up. I unclogged the cat by hollowing it out and eventually replaced the stock manifold with a stainless steel header(no name brand, but does what its meant to do) also replaced the stock airbox and tubing with a short ram setup(airintake tubing was torn and needed replacing)
I just recently(this past week) had the factory(275kms) motor replaced with a lower kms engine(162-165kms)still have more I want to do, So I will be updating as I go. Ive added some other stuff on as well since I bought her
Pictures as follows are from the day I got her to how she looks now in that order
f364cab51618b26ec859f6f7d744198b.jpg
f9319e1d1d7f907471e34ac04be7e331.jpg
06eaf8170fe7fd9a9e21671b2344c09f.jpg

12b91b33495dfc813815a39bd1ad89d9.jpg
408b09766fe1263043511352dfc46d90.jpg
did some sanding and added the closest spraybomb colour match I can find

a8ccad946a0a346728633d55e5e5c9be.jpg

replaced the factory taillights with aftermarket altezza Lights

153c2ce8f2ca26429908ac8c452af960.jpg

replaced the factory brake rotors and pads with cross drilled rotors and ceramic pads

72b892bb11be875976a309cd99be708a.jpg
heres how she looks today
middle of the picture is her old engine, bottom of the picture is her lower kms engine.

I am planning on installing flares on her and getting a different set of wheels.
the flares I have picked out are not like any other flares available. they are custom made for the 240z/s30, but I know the company that makes them and Ive been making arrangements to have a set made so I can start custom fitting them to Autumn(the name Ive given my Protege5, very fitting for the colour combination I have)

3eba9df2c3a5af24e9f0f8d806486af0.jpg

this is the 240z that got the first set of the flares I have decided I want to fit. If enough of you want a set of these flares after Ive made the set to fit Autumn arrangements can be made to make more sets. Just let me know. I wont know till june how many modifications will be required to make them fit, but Im determined to make them fit

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Welcome to the club, it's a fun car, just picked one up a few weeks ago, paid a little too much for it, but it was still cheap at $1400usd, only had 152k miles on it and was regularly maintained, did have some rust and dents, took care of that, I have stainless headers, intake, and exhaust all coming in the next week or so, I got some oem springs cheap and cut a coil out to drop it a little, ghetto but wasn't sure if I wanted to go full coilover, so now that it's dropped I'm getting ready to order the full 2" drop kit, might go turbo, but I don't want anything ridiculous, just something to beat up on the civics with....

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Thank, I have been a member here for years. This is my second protege, but my first protege5. I agree they are lots of fun to drive. I got to test drive the mazdaspeed edition p5 back in 01-02 when I worked for mazda, that was a blast to drive anf have wanted one ever since. It was even yellow lol

Thank, I have been a member here for years. This is my second protege, but my first protege5. I agree they are lots of fun to drive. I got to test drive the mazdaspeed edition p5 back in 01-02 when I worked for mazda, that was a blast to drive anf have wanted one ever since. It was even yellow lol

What's this about a mazdaspeed p5?

I've only ever heard of the turbo sedan. I get that they're essentially the same thing, but it's cool to know that mazda considered a turbo p5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've only ever heard of the turbo sedan. I get that they're essentially the same thing, but it's cool to know that mazda considered a turbo p5.

Yeah it's exactly the same car, just like the mazdaspeed protg is essentially the protoge with a turbo bolted on, I'm looking to do the swap on my 03 p5, love this car...

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

The mazdaspeed edition protege5 that was released in canada was almost the same as the regular protege5 same 2.0L NA engine, but it had lowered suspension, 17in bbs alloy wheels, low profile tires, mazdaspeed exhaust, a cold air intake. Only came in yellow with yellow tint, and yellow accented interior. I beleive it had upgraded brakes and thicker sway bars. They only made a very limited number of them. Was a very nice car. It had the midgate spoiler as well Idk why this one didnt have a turbo being a mazdaspeed edition and all

02 Mazda Protege5
2.0L 16Valve DOHC
Short Ram Air Intake
Stainless Steel Header
CrossDrilled Rotors
Dual 10" Rockford Fosgate Subs in ported Box
570Watt Clarion Amp
Clear Altezza Taillights
Xenon HID conversion kit
Pilot Fog Lights
This is my Second Protege

Wtf. There was never a mazdaspeed or turbo p5 sold anywhere. Unless your considering a turbo deisel in euro or what not. Gas Turbo protege was only ever offered in the mazdaspeed protege.

Back