Production pictures of new CX-5

I'm not expecting the diesel. I am expecting the very killer SkyActive gas engine though. I'm going to drive it and trade my '09 5 if it is all it's cracked up to be. I don't care what anybody says. This is a big deal that a sporting company is up in the MPG realm with the best from Honda/Toyota/etc. I'm very excited by this new Mazda trend. I can't wait to drive one.

Has anyone heard a North America release date yet for the CX-5?

According to Car and Driver, the CX-5 won't be coming in AWD Manual combo. The diesel won't be coming this year as well.
Too bad, I really was hoping for something different than the competitors. Many other car companies also offer a small CUV with manual, but all front wheel drive. I thought Mazda could break that barrier and offer something AWD and manual, all while getting great MPG

http://blog.caranddriver.com/2013-m...5-hp-up-to-33-mpg-highway-no-manualawd-combo/

Last edited:
Kodo design on the CX-5 looks pretty good, but at best ordinary. Headlights and grill look good to me, but the front as a whole doesn't seem quite right. No manual on AWD trims is another disappointment. If Subaru can sell AWD with manuals, why not Mazda? Is it because Mazda doesn't have a mechanical AWD system?

I just think they don't want to offer it here seeing as it wouldn't sell well (according to them). Correct me if I'm wrong but the CX-7 in Europe come’s Manual AWD and I'm sure the CX-5 as well will come with that combo.
I to like the design, but wish it was a little more aggressive.

I too would prefer a better AWD system in their cars but considering the price point its alright. If you go with a better system such as Subaru's AWD its going to cost more as you would have to have development costs and R&D and so on. The diesel won't be here until 2013, from what I'm told.

My biggest surprise is that the navigation system is now a "TOMTOM" based unit. Thank good they will finally have one that is user-friendly instead of the awful ones in previous models and years!

Happy that Mazda doesn't seem to have any plans to put a Ford Mytouch system in their cars. Good that they are improving the GPS, the only problem I have with TomTom though is the fact that they sold their traffic data to police who intend to use it to find locations where people speed most frequently.

Latest posts

Back