Product Review: Chemical Guys Diablo Wheel Cleaner

NCZ13

So CG has released a new wheel cleaner called Diabo Gel.

Ive used products like p21, DP gel wheel cleaner, and CGs other wheel cleaner, Citrus sticky gel. P21 is a great product. Its not acidic, so you can just leave it on the wheels and let it do its thing. The downside is that its extremely expensive, and its not a product thats meant to be diluted. (although you can if you want) CGs other gel cleaner seemed like a nice compromise. It was cheap, and you could dilute it. Even using it at a healthy 2:1 dilution, the product would just run off the wheels, it didnt really stick. It cleaned, but did just as well as Megs D103 diluted 4:1.

Whats nice about diablo is that its got all the positives of the sticky gel, but its thick, and even when diluted doesnt just run off the wheels. I diluted my first bottle 3:1 as per directions, and it was just as thick and sticky as P21. At a fraction of the cost of p21, its a great compromise.

I picked up this product for several reasons. First off, the speed3 dusts like no other, after a barely a week the front wheels already have a lovely layer of dust. Secondly, the design is a pain in the ass to clean. The spokes are close together, and the tight crevices are tough to get into. I needed a product that would stick to the surface while i agitated it with various brushes.

Now onto the pictures. I doubt these wheels have ever been removed to be thoroughly cleaned, as there was alot of build up and it was just caked on the inner barrels.

DSC_2006.jpg

DSC_2007.jpg

DSC_2008.jpg

DSC_2009.jpg

DSC_2010.jpg

DSC_2011.jpg

DSC_2012.jpg

DSC_2013.jpg

DSC_2014.jpg

DSC_2015.jpg

Afters. I couldnt get them perfect with just the cleaner, Claying i think will be necessary to get the caked on dust off. The next time I have to rotate the tires, ill try hitting it with some full strength CG Grime Reaper.

Speaking of which, I also took the opportunity to detail the wheel wells.
DSC_2016.jpg

DSC_2017.jpg

DSC_2018.jpg

Befores
DSC_2019.jpg

DSC_2020.jpg

DSC_2021.jpg

Afters w/ Megs Hyperdressing diluted 2:1. Hyper dressing dries nicely, and doesnt require any wiping. Its also not greasy at all, its super affordable, and is a great product. As far as Grime Reaper, diluted 5:1 it did what a strong APC should do. Its not that easy on the nostrils as the Diablo Gel (which has a bubblegum scent) but it got the job done. Im interested to see what it would do full strength.

Last edited:
awesome review I love chemical guys products, I just recieved my bottle of maxisuds today and once again I was not dissapointed.

Good review. I usually use a light wiping of mineral spirits on the inner barrels to get the caked on dust and old wheel weight stickum off the wheels.

You think those wheels are bad, clean a set of MS6 wheels weekly and you won't complain one bit.

Back