Problem with Hawk HPS front pads

speed3mazda08

:
08 Mazdaspeed 3 Cosmic Blue Mica
ok i got an 08 speed 3 and i just got hawk HPS pads for the front (HB519F.682) and it dont have clips for the outside pad to hold the spring clip and now the spring clip makes a clicking noise from stop to go. any one run into this or whatever?

but i asked a company what the visual differance was between the two and they said both styles only have clips on the inside pad

I just got the HB549F.702's a few days ago and they DO NOT have the retention clip on the outer pad for some reason! I'm wondering if Hawk had a batch of these that where shipped without installing outer clips?!?!?

Picture.jpg

I'm in the same situation. I just ordered pads from **********.

Fronts: HB549 F.702
Rears: HB478 F.605

The inside Front pads are without clips, WTF?

From some of the other posts on here, it seems that Hawk has been misleading the vendors on the correct part numbers, but this is ridiculous.

-Seth

I had the same problem..Carbotech pads..don't run the spring piece without the clip on the pad 'cause there is a chance of it coming off. Carbotech had these pad clips and retrofitted them. If you are a do-it-yourself type, Dremel off the pounded in rivet on the old pad without touching the clip so you can remove it, than put in on the new clipless outer pad and use a cold chisel to pound down the edges of the stud already on the pad. I cut a fine "X" in this stud so it was easier to beat the edges down securely onto the clip. Make sure you orient the clip the right direction and place the pad on a smooth surface with a thick piece of cardboard under it so you don't mar the friction surface. Or just get the company to send the right ones!!

I already bought a new set of hawks from Big Brake Parts. They confirmed that the pads they had in stock had the correct clip on the outer pad. I will call TireRack on Monday and ask for a return/refund funny thing is the part# on the box IS the correct one for the MS3 and the pads are dimensionally the same just missing the clip.

I already had considered swapping the clip from the stock pad but when you pay near $90 on pads you expect them to be made right and I guess you could run the pads without the clip but like you said fasteract don't risk loosing the spring.... that damn thing runs about $50-$75 depending where you go!

Back