problem updates....

deckedoutmp5

:
02 MP5 #3256
After talking to Juan last night on the phone, and sitting in front of my laptop in my car, I was able to get my idle adjusted pretty good and my cold starts figured out better.

the problem was not ENOUGH fuel. Sounds wierd yes, because of the fowled plugs and flooding. I raised it from like 28 to 50. And then highlighted the rest of the bars to raise it in the same percent range.

The car started on the first try this morning with a very nice idle. It is about 35-40 deg here right now. Juan thinks it might be a bad map, or the wrong map sensor. I sent him the numbers off the sensor this morning so he can verify and he will get back with me. I think we are swapping it out for a 3 bar so when I run 20-25 pounds of boost soon I wont have to swap again.

Anyways, just wanted to share the good news. Once I get the mapping fine tuned I will send it to Juan so he has a map he can use for us people where it gets COLD unlike some of you lucky bastards :D

Peace- trav

Very cool. I hope everything turns out...I will also be using the larger injectors when I get it.
Trav, are you switching to the E6X for when you go higher boost?

Damn 20 psi are u serious!!! You will HAVE to get that thing dynoed. Do u have any predictions of what the hp to the tire will be?

midnightracr said:
Damn 20 psi are u serious!!! You will HAVE to get that thing dynoed. Do u have any predictions of what the hp to the tire will be?

my goal is 350 -400 whp. wont be hard to pull off really. just takes time and money.

Hey Trav,

I am glad it is working better now. Like I told you, the colder it gets, the more fuel it needs to start. When the engine block is so cold, the fuel just sticks to the runners and cylinder walls. Once it starts it will begin to warm up and then it will need less and less fuel. That's why the coolant map has the decending look.;)

Deckedoutmp5: I was on there website and noticed that the kit doesn't come with a BOV. So I gotta ask. Obviously i know u can hear it spool up but what about when u shift gears there isn't a cool BOV sound right? Oh yeah one more thing...could it possibly work on the MP3?

midnightracr said:
Deckedoutmp5: I was on there website and noticed that the kit doesn't come with a BOV. So I gotta ask. Obviously i know u can hear it spool up but what about when u shift gears there isn't a cool BOV sound right? Oh yeah one more thing...could it possibly work on the MP3?

Yes, the kit comes with the small HKS blow off valve. We even have an upgrade for the SSQV HKS.;)

Glad you finally got it worked out... when you switch to a 3bar MAP you will have to re-adjust all of the settings for less resolution. A whole new re-mapping.

midnightracr said:
cool, were u saying yes to the fact it will work on an MP3?

Well the kit will fit the MP3. It has to run with less boost than the P5 because of its more advanced timing, or go with the E6X upgrade.

Juan

Man, it's great to hear u say it will fit the MP3. When u say less boost just how much are u talking about? If it's real low I think I'll just save up so I can get the E6x. By the way how much does the E6x cost. Really intrested in your kit so sometime in March or April I'll be talking to u more. Also will u have the new intake pipes your working on done by then

svxin said:
when i hit 450 500 hp ill tell you what its like
Hey bud, are you getting those beefy axles that Gotzoom? got made? Also, what price were you quoted for o-ringing your block?

Back