problem on orig. P5 driver seat

kk52736

:
2003.5 Mazda Protege 5
my P5 drvier seat seems getting lose, and i had try to tighten all bolts, but no luck, does anyone know what can i do?
it is kind of annoying with making a fast turn, fast stop or fast accelation.

definitely get some new seats if you can, rather than attempting to make yours work...

If the dealer does not fix it, try using some red Loc-tite on the threads of the bolts, to help keep them tight.

The dealer should fix it though, as long as you have not taken the seat out and modded it, or anything.

i been in once before, and they didn't fix it and give it back to me. can i call mazda canada?

I would call them up to complain of the danger you are facing if the seat keeps coming loose. They will probably just send you back to the dealer though. Since they suck, and did not fix it the first time, you may just want to put on Loc-tite. That stuff rocks.

just let them know that 'you don't want to have any problems that are caused by a malfunctioning OEM part and that they should consider themselves legally forewarned of the inherent danger they are putting you and your passengers in...' (laugh)

Mine's doing the same thing. Maybe one day, I'll take a look at it. It' becomming quite an annoyance.

My left seat mount bracket "clicks" during right hand turns as well. It is annoying. I took it in, they could not find anything loose. I checked myself, took 5 mins, tightened everything down. All was tight.
B

wooohooo!!!!!!! someone finally having the same problem as I do.

if you call mazda canada, let be 2 of us call them!

(thumb)

Back