Previous car before your speed? *Pics*

Photo0427.jpg

the good 'ol trusty Civic. Sold her to get the MS3.

9.jpg

and the Corvette

Yeah it's an OEM wing (WW sold it as well, but cheaper from dealer), and wings west 4-piece urethane kit. Lowered 1.8" w/ Intrax coils, 17" Enkei "Katanas", and an HKS dragger exhaust (muffler only).

All show no go. :p I wish I had pics of my PREVIOUS Tiburon that was PURE rice. It had vinyl ALLLL over it, I'm talking extreme!

as you could probably tell from my pics of all the decals n s*** that I too was a vinyl ***** :( But I was proud of the ones on the cavalier, I had actually designed them on my computer in MS paint and then had them printed at a vinyl store, so it was more gratifying that I designed them myself, as rice as they looked :)

as you could probably tell from my pics of all the decals n s*** that I too was a vinyl ***** :( But I was proud of the ones on the cavalier, I had actually designed them on my computer in MS paint and then had them printed at a vinyl store, so it was more gratifying that I designed them myself, as rice as they looked :)

Very cool.

Yeah man that vinyl phase didn't last long- and I mean in the scene as a whole. It was only around for 1.5 maybe 2 years. lol

My first car was an '89 Acura Integra LS and I loved that thing. The picture below is not mine, but is the exact same car.
acura_integra-5-door-1986-89_r2.jpg

After that, I got a 2002 Hyundai Accent and became obsessed with neon lightning and sound systems. This was my ricer phase and thank god it's over.
front.JPG

rear.JPG

side.JPG

dash.JPG

backseat.JPG

...let the flaming begin.

Last edited:
How was the r32?

A PITA, always something breaking, rattling or squeaking. I only had it for 9 months or 11000 km. It was my last VDUB after almost 20 years. I find the Speed 3 so much better, the only thing I miss from the R32 is the AWD.

A PITA, always something breaking, rattling or squeaking. I only had it for 9 months or 11000 km. It was my last VDUB after almost 20 years. I find the Speed 3 so much better, the only thing I miss from the R32 is the AWD.

Bummer - I was just trying to tell a friend that I'm not 100% gung ho about the new Jetta TDI because of the company's recent past with reliability. On paper, the TDI is a rock-on bargain due to it taking diesel (which is almost the same as regular unleaded), it's driveability, and interior. But I've read more negative stories from owners than positives due to electrical-related issues. Car mags seem to enjoy the VWs; it's unfortunate that owners seem to give it bad reviews. Consumer Reports has had not-so-good ratings also in the past. I do read good reviews from owners, too, just more bad ones for me to consider or recommend one at this point.

Speaking of Vdubs :) Curious to hear your experience...

I bought the car in July '07 and it had 36K miles on it. It also had a previous accident, as show on the CarFax report, and some body panel repair. However, the car drove great and I really did like driving it for it's pull across the powerband (200HP, 195TQ, N/A). Over the course of the next 19 months, I put 22,000 miles on the car and honestly never really had an issue with it. I had to replace two things: battery and a taillight bulb. I did bring it in the have the brakelight fuse replaced as it was a recall and it did put my car into limp mode a couple times, but the issue was fixed and it did not resurface.

Like most others, I was worried about long-term reliability of VW. I have a couple friends who have pretty much laid their VWs to rest at 130K miles and I wanted to at least get rid of mine before it wasn't worth anything. I took the opportunity on a great deal and traded in the VW.

The VW certainly felt more sturdy than the Mazda and I enjoyed the styling of the MKIV Jetta. The engine was stout and provided a lot of fun, but in the end, I got rid of it because I was worried about the future of the car.

Over the last 25 years I owned a Golf I GTI (4 speed, only about 1800 pounds heavy!), Golf II GTI, Golf II GTI 16V, Golf III VR6 and Golf IV R32. The Golf I GTI was the most fun of the bunch. Very reliable (didn't have much that could have made problems anyway..). From then on problems got worse with each newer generation. After the R32 I was so frustrated that I figured out, that after owning japanese bikes for more than 25 years, with only minor problems, maybe I should give japanese cars a try. Since then I have owned a Mazda 6 and now have a Mazda Speed 3. Not that I haven't had any problems, but after a total of 6 years and 2 cars I can say that if my Vdubs would have had so few problems as my Mazdas I'd probably still be driving a Vdub.
Maybe the overall feel of the Mazdas is not quite as refined as that of a Vdub, but as the Mazda is so much cheaper (at least here in Switzerland) I have plenty of money left to invest in aftermarket parts. I for my point think my Speed 3 with Bilstein coilovers and OZ Ultraleggeras is a much better ride than my R32 was despite it having KW variant 2 Coilovers and upgraded wheels. Last of all it surely is down to personal preferences, but at the moment I don't think I'll ever buy another Vdub. On the other side, if ten years ago sombody would have told me that someday in future I'd be driving a Mazda....

Good to hear more honest stories about Vdub experiences. It's not all about Vdub is whack and bashing them; but there are stories explaining the ownership experience. There's no doubt they put out great products, but it's the after-experience...

Don't have pics, but I've been all over the map with cars. I don't have any brand loyalty (and with so much cross-ownership and vendor sharing, very little separate brands these days anyway).

I've owned two Mazdas (Protege, MS3), two Toyotas (Cressida, Celica), one Chevy (Metro), one Mitsubishi (Eclipse), one Chrysler (minivan) and one Nissan (Sentra).

If we're just listing here, I had:

1986 Ford F-150 (The truck that would NEVAR die!)
1996 Ford Contour (WORST POS EVER but I loved the car)
2003.5 Mazda Protege5 (Randomly died on me in traffic a few times but always started back up wtf, but very reliable outside of that)
2008.5 Mazda Mazdaspeed3 (So far so good, but the internet has me worried about engines falling, engines popping, turbos smoking, and Jesus Christ striking me down with a bolt of lightning)

00 Honda Civic fully built D16Y8 Long Block capable of 10,000 Redline and JDM Tranns.... Still for Sale!!!

Attachments

• IMG_1052.JPG
    IMG_1052.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 199
  • IMG_1060.JPG
    IMG_1060.JPG
    751.2 KB · Views: 142
...that is the epitome of rice...does it run on rice too? (ricer)

Back