Ppi Ice Q7

TinmanMS6

:
2012 Subaru WRX
ppi.ice.1.500.jpg

PPI Automotive Design has been revamping Audis for years. In fact they've already tricked out the Q7 once before, calling it the PPI PS Q7. This time however, they wanted to take those modifications a step further in the seven-seater. Behold the PPI ICE Q7.

The company is calling the ICE "more visually and technically advanced" than its predecessor, the PS. A wide-body kit does everything from extending wheel arches to fully integrating the four exhaust pipes in the rear, which the company describes as "sonorous."

The inside pushes luxury to the next level with a specially designed console for the iPhone, Treo or BlackBerry. The rest of the hand-crafted interior can be tailored especially to your tastes, and you'll be able to get everything from personalized floor mats to full leather upholstery.

In addition to the laudable style points, there is a range of performance kits for the ICE. The first stage has a sport exhaust system, a sport air filter and an optimized engine management system, giving the Q7 an increase of 47 horsepower and 33 pound-feet of torque. The top package includes a turbocharger for the 4.2-liter V8 engine. This cranks out 600 hp and results in a sub-6-second 0-60-mph time. The ICE clocks in at 5.9, a full 1.5 seconds less than the production car. Mission accomplished.

What this means to you: If you let PPI go Frankenstein on your Q7, you'll end with quite a good-looking, high-performance monster indeed.

ppi.ice.3.500.jpg

ppi.ice.2.500.jpg

For some reason, I rain hate on the X5 tuners, but I'm kind of into this.

I wish they'd have played with the V10 diesel, though. :(

I wonder how much it runs with the top packages installed. $80K?

I'm guessing a lot more than that. I don't know off the top of my head, but I would bet that the Q7 will run close to $80k from the factory.

Edit: The Q7 with the V8 runs just under $60k base price.

Last edited:
Back