Power Windows Stick

ive been kinda having the same problem only my window gets stuck in the down position and its a hassel to get it back up....... car seems to be a bit more tempermental this winter then last winter.... and NY isnt the warmest..... Think it would be the track? motor? switch? gotta take it to the dealer and have them take a look.... any input helps...

Q-tip and swab the inside of the upper and rear window channel with any silicon lubricant. I use a VERY OLD (1970s) bottle of silicon emulsion from GM. This keeps them free and sliding well.

Bump, I've been meaning to look into this issue and found this thread on search. I'm also getting the sticky windows and resedue line on all of my windows in the summer and winter. Does the q-tip/lube trick on the window channel work pretty well for those that have tried. Does it also leave a resedue?

Bump, I've been meaning to look into this issue and found this thread on search. I'm also getting the sticky windows and resedue line on all of my windows in the summer and winter. Does the q-tip/lube trick on the window channel work pretty well for those that have tried. Does it also leave a resedue?

even if it does leave a residue you're only applying it to the very edge of the window, so you won't see it with the window all the way up, or all the way down

I have tried silicon lube, dry lube, alcohol, cleaned the windows, nothing....I don't know??? i want to tint my windows but I'm scared to tint my windows because I do not want to tint lining to move. Any other suggestions?

The tint only has a chance to move during the curing process. Once it is fukky cured it wont move around, unless its a bad job

ive had my tint on for 3 years, and the window has been sticking for 2.

happens to me quite often also, and same with the residue on it. i open my windows almost everyday too and i have to continually push the button for the front two to go down.

You don't have anything to lose by giving it a shot.

Thought I was the only one with this issue. Both of my front windows must have loose guide clips as well, they want to tilt forward until they get to the very top of the door.

I have looseness as well. I can see that the whole glass has a forward and backward shift when going up and down
and during some days the window would stick so bad the motor was not powerful enough to bring the window down at all without a little push on my part

Last edited:
I just started experiencing this myself. Def can see the glass move forward when going up.

My passenger side is most noticable because the windows were tinted early on, and now when fully up there is an 1/8th inch space of clear glass on one side

So what should be done with this situation??? Somebody should have some kind of solution.... LOL!

Back