Power window, auto headlights

Pen Guin

:
Mazda2 Sport Automatic
Just reading the manual and under "personalization", there are options to remove the stupid power window stopping an inch open feature and something about auto on/off headlights. It says to see the dealer about these options. Anybody had this done or know how to do it themselves? I would be surprised if the auto headlight feature was available.

Power windows stopping an inch open? Please elaborate, I haven't noticed this.

The drop-one-inch part is called "vent mode" and AFAIK it's only on the driver's window. That switch is dual-stage when you push it down or pull it up. The first push will get the window to go down only an inch then stop; if you push the switch the rest of the way (and then let go) it'll auto-down the rest of the way. My understanding is that vent mode is geared for those who have window visors installed on their cars, it'll open the window just enough to get some ventilation but allow the visor to keep any rain from coming in. Remember that there's still a decent number of smokers in Japan (though the rate is declining).

Funny, I didn't order the "smokers power window package". xyrth must not have this feature (or it was disabled) because it happens every time the window is lowered, except when you push the button down all the way to open the window fully.

If you pay fairly close attention to the button engagement, about 1/4 of the travel is the first "step" where the window goes down about an inch. Push it again, or further and it goes the whole way down.

If I want to lower the window half way, it becomes more difficult than it should requiring two separate button pushes instead of one like every other car I have driven. The open-an-inch feature is nothing but an annoyance.

What about the auto headlights? Someone on this forum must have read the manual, surely? :)

Unfortunately, I don't think any US 2s came with auto headlights. Mine has a little place on the dash that looks like a place where a photo cell would go if it were to have auto lights.

Apparently I have super fat fingers. It took some trying to find the 1" down mode, I would have never noticed it without this thread. My last car (company owned) was a 2009 Taurus, you had to really hold the button to get it down, so I'm used to that.

I like this, as on hot days here in CA it's nice to crack a couple of windows during the day, and for me it's not intrusive at all.

My headlights have an "auto" position between off and parking lights. But I'm in Canada, so my car also came with the side skirts. Be jealous.

I think wee need to tackle a Canadian junkyard.

Here in the UK every top spec model (sport, tamura, and other special editions) come with fogs, auto headlights (2009 onwards even come with xenon projectors) oh yea and these same models also come with full sports body kit and 16" alloys and lower profile tyres. Go on be even more jealous ;)

Chris

Latest posts

Back