Power Seats - Position Memory?!

batou079

Recently posted this on another mazda forum, and see if anyone else had thoughts here...

So how come Japan gets these and we don't? i always thought the rest of the world considered Americans the laziest people... LOL.

Anyone know if any aftermarket option is available for the US?
Or perhaps has anyone done the work themselves yet... with DIY post?

I'd love to have this done, cause i drive two diff positions when doing spirited driving and when cruising... and it'd be great to simply press 1 button when i gotta move it back to a position... or after other ppl drive the car. It never feels the same after i reposition either, so idk it'd just gives piece of mind too.

so... ?

Just a quick update, despite lack of interest here. :)

ok researched on and off since first posting on that other site...
No solution found. No aftermaret plug-n-play, no assembly, nothing.
Looks like i will have to try a home grown mod.

thread can die until someone else, or until i actually get time to tackle this mod.

i've kept doing research ever since i hatched this idea.
I've concluded that this isnt possible without a huge seat overall, tearing it out and apart, and somehow getting my hands on detailed schematics for the electrical.

I simply dont have the resources, time or money to do this right now.
Necroing this thread for teh last time... hehe. boo. any other engineering types that wanna take a crack, super!

I have the Mazdaspeed6 2007 electrical diagram book on my shelf...one of these days at a meet I'll bring it along and we can look over the seat wiring and see what can possibly be done with it.

taking a look at the wiring schematics for a couple days now...
i dont think this is doable sadly. Not without a heavy HEAVY amount of re-wiring.

after seeing the actual schematics i think i may have to give up.
srry folks!

taking a look at the wiring schematics for a couple days now...
i dont think this is doable sadly. Not without a heavy HEAVY amount of re-wiring.

after seeing the actual schematics i think i may have to give up.
srry folks!

That's what I figured...when I looked at the manual it didn't look like there was really anything there to work with. About the only choice would be to get the electronics from another seat and wire it into the motors in our seat, but if you're going to do that you might as well just do the seat swap.

I'll need to come to a meet soon to get my manual back...I have a new turbo gauge to install and I want to figure out if I can wire it to dim with the instrument cluster. :)

yay, sadly enough....

ill be at alhambra tonight, but NOT sick this time, haha.
the gauge may be dimable... if you tap into the power source after the dimming circuit i'd assume.

Probably won't make it tonight, maybe I'll try for a quick drop in to grab the manual. I should be at the big CHM meet though for sure.

And yeah, that's what I'm planning to try, but I have to find the right circuit to patch into. I've got a multimeter so I can do some measurements, but having the document there to trace the cables will be a big help.

Back