Power failure

jacspeed

:
mazdaspeed protege 2003.5 #808
power failure
Hello dear friends, I want to share the experience I'm having with my MSP
I recently installed a new alternator, because the charging voltage is increased to 18.5 V
the new alternator is charging the battery being good at idle but I have detected a new problem, when I start running around 4000RPM the voltage increases to 18.5V then being stabilized at idle, replace the ECU and the problem persists
I'm beginning to believe that the coils may have a leakage current and this is causing the increases boltaje

I appreciate your comments can guide and keep you posted as I continue to battle with my MSP .......

Last edited:
Well I followed in the battle to find the electrical problem in my MSP, I tested with a set of coils and wires, condenser coils different, camshaft sensor new
the problem persists and report a code p0505 which is tied with idle
tonight I decided to continue with the search of the problem and note three spark jump in power stiring belt and the other on the crankshaft pulley, I think what is causing the problem is the crankshaft sensor, I will post a pictures to show the problem, I apologize for my bad English.

finally problem solved
I could solve the problem of high voltage in my MSP
The problem occurred on the alternator wiring not want remove all wiring from the engine to the ECU, I made a new wiring for alternator control as the original is very long and passes through the fuse box in the engine something is unnecessary. to have a better idea here are some picture[video]https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=b8edaf48f6fd60b0&id=B8EDAF48F6FD60B0%21199[/video]

Last edited:
Back