Post Pictures of Your CX-5 Mods, Upgrades and Accessories!

Started the plasti dip process on the emblems. Got the front done. Was a pain to pull that emblem out. But we easier than taping off that area.

actually its much easier taping off the area unless you dont mind breaking off the emblem tabs, then that's easier

actually its much easier taping off the area unless you dont mind breaking off the emblem tabs, then that's easier

Thankfully I didn't break any tabs. I was able to release all the clips on the backside of the grill. For the remainder of the emblems I will paint in place.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I didn't break any tabs, either, but I also took the front bumper off to do my custom grill guards
5ytepebu.jpg

came in A LOT quicker than claimed. Not about to go on my 3rd set of those generic ass energies suspension brackets lol. they are way to soft.. even the metal dented under the nut from being so weak..
aMa6eue.jpg

LUgtktl.jpg

Chris, these are Corksport ones? Why don't you contact them and let the know what is happening? A reputable shop, should take care of you.

Chris, these are Corksport ones? Why don't you contact them and let the know what is happening? A reputable shop, should take care of you.
Well, they are not "Corksport Brand" they are Energy Suspension, a generic item you can find at Autozone. Hardly a "performance" item, but really an OEM replacement. They just simply have not held up well for me, again OEM type part for an aftermarket accessory. I don't think they are unique in supplying "generic" brackets though; those Hotchkiss cost me $100 vss ~25-30 for the energy brackets. They probably get those Energy for $15-20 or less maybe. I also got 1 1/16" OD.. the energy suspension is 1", which is slightly less than 28mm (the bar is 28mm). Tight bushing+ weak bracket sure I'm not surprised it bent (two sets). Corksport had sent me the second set at shipping only, which was fine, but for me they are just not holding up. It could be the bracket itself, it could be my driving, it could be that my car is lowered, or a combination, however in my situation they are not holding up. I'll install these tomorrow. One thing I noticed when I was sizing the bracket was that 1 1/16" was actually recommended for a 27mm bar..but the next size up was 29mm and I didn't want it too loose. I think the big issue was the bracket itself not so much the bushing. Time will tell.

So basically, the Corksport sway bar is not a good product, that is the bottom line.
The bar itself is fine, the brackets which are not corksport, are not good in my application. The JBR bar comes with the same type of brackets, some sway bars (like some of the Racing Beep)don't even come with brackets, at least this way you can use it out the box. That's why aftermarket sway bar brackets are offered; when oem are not cutting it. It's like me saying the cx-5 is a bad product because the infotainment system has issues.

I don't understand, why they sell the bracket, when they know that it won't work. It's like, I would sell you a big and heavy table, with four 1/2" PVC pipes as legs.

I don't understand, why they sell the bracket, when they know that it won't work. It's like, I would sell you a big and heavy table, with four 1/2" PVC pipes as legs.
I have not heard issues from Chiefmg or Mazstyle who also have the same bar with the oem brackets; they also have a different suspension set up.

Installed the brackets today. I also used the second hole this time and it made a big difference. I have to put it back on the lift though. I get an occasional knock which may be caused by may car being lower, and the bar tapping the spare tire well when the bar moves vertical. I hope this is not the case because it's way more tight with the second hole. If it is the case, I'll have to run the first hole until/if I decide to get adjustable links to work with my lowered set up (Or when I'm on the lift I'll see how much it hits and maybe just let it dent it a tad (whistle). Or it could be something way simpler like the bolt needs to be tightened more. The AWD has such small clearance there you can barely get a ratchet in there with the rear diff lowered even.

Another Modification... Have FUN and always march forward through innovation. Have Fun!!

IMG_1463_zps09df993b.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_1459_zpscaf997b2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Much better than the nasty Fast & Furious graphics you had before. Now only if the white on the plastic trim matched the rest of the vehicle. Might want to black out the grills too so they look more integrated and cleaner.

Now are those really multi-pot brake calipers are silly stick on covers?

Much better than the nasty Fast & Furious graphics you had before. Now only if the white on the plastic trim matched the rest of the vehicle. Might want to black out the grills too so they look more integrated and cleaner.

Now are those really multi-pot brake calipers are silly stick on covers?

Yep, she's much cleaner now. Even if they are silly stick on covers, it beats looking at crappy corroded calipers. I am first to admit im going to be using them on both my cars.

Clean and high-temp paint them. That looks better than sticl on caliper covers resembling something the hardware isn't. Much like stuffing a bra.

I think mine are too far gone to clean, I would have to put a lot of elbow grease into that. Just rather silicone some covers and be done, and I wont be rep'in them as real don't worry. Just nice and tidy under the wheels.

I think mine are too far gone to clean, I would have to put a lot of elbow grease into that. Just rather silicone some covers and be done, and I wont be rep'in them as real don't worry. Just nice and tidy under the wheels.

You'd be surprised what a can of brake cleaner, a stiff wire brush, and a LITTLE elbow grease can do. It doesn't have to be squeaky clean, just clean enough for paint to stick and cure. Just know that fake "Brembo" caliper covers is the equivalent to 5ft. aluminum and fake carbon fiber "Fast n Furious" wings to a true car enthusiast. To each their own, however.

mentioned this car about a year ago on here, just happened to see it at the dealership yesterday lol. judging by the hood scoops, he must own a twin turbo diesel. oh wait..

hbUPLPI.jpg

YKk8CY7.jpg

sorry but that look is bas imo; it is common in san Antonio, particularly on full size suvs's (same style wheels) and random chrome bits/air vents everywhere.

Back