Post pics of your Mazda5

Welcome! Here cool!

c478c4cs-960.jpg

^^ Sport b/c I think the Touring comes with the integrated spoiler (?) which would not work with this (I know). This one has been around a while but seems prices have dropped!! Oppose to the Bayson R's massive lipped VIP spoiler, which requires the T/GT OEM spoiler and does not work on the Sport... This is the 2nd best looking aftermarket spoiler. There was a euro spoiler that was very nice looking (subjective) but link and pics are all dead :(

Yep, it is a 2010 sport. The spoiler comes primed but ill recommend getting it professionally painted. It has 3rd brake light integrated, but I dididn't bother conecting it as my car came with it. I removed the leds and pasted reflecting tape inside. Eventually when I decide to get it paint matched. I'll fill in the light area.

Last edited:
DSC07089.jpg
DSC07091.jpg

All that's left is tint, got it(2thumbs), caliper paint, got it(2thumbs), and exhaust, I don't got it(sadbanana). Well that's my thinking right now anyway.

All that's left is tint, got it(2thumbs), caliper paint, got it(2thumbs), and exhaust, I don't got it(sadbanana). Well that's my thinking right now anyway.
Looks good hibern8r. What color caliper paint are you doing? I used G2's kit and really recommend it. Seems like it will hold up really well. I'm currently working on my exhaust system, first go around ended up too loud.

Thanks loosenut, I got G2 in black. Seemed pretty durable compared to what else is out there and I hate doing stuff twice. I'm thinking about an oem Mazdaspeed3 exhaust(1st gen). what exhaust did you have?

I currently have the rear muffler/tailpipe assembly from a gen1 speed 3 with a custom midpipe. I removed the factory resonator and rear cat converter and installed a dynomax bullet muffler in the midpipe to act as a resonator. It apparently doesn't muffle much. I'm going to take the bullet muffler out and install a flowmaster hushpower hp-2 muffler in its place. If I would have had the complete speed3 exhaust I would have installed it and been happy, but unfortunately I only had the tailpipe/muffler. Now I'm sort of trying to replicate it with aftermarket components. I've had several complements on the sound of the exhaust now, but for a family hauler it's too loud. Once I'm happy with it I'm going to do a full write-up on it hopefully with recordings of both set-ups.

Getting back on track with this thread, here is a crappy cell phone pic of the rear of mine with the Speed 3 tailpipe installed.
exhaust1.jpg

Flow masters sound good on mustangs, but I rather have Magnaflow for imports. I have used them for years.

I don't know if you saw this:
http:// http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123842847-Mazda5-exhaust-compared-to-Mazda3-exhaust/page2

I'll be doing the full speed exhaust soon too. You may end up getting it done before me though, so I may be asking you questions in the end.

I've read that. Well written and great pics by the way! It helped me greatly in deciding which way to go with an exhaust mod. I only needed to find one intact. Been looking for a while now, then came across this one
mz3muffler2.jpg

No CEL right?

Back