Post Pics of your Mazda2 / Demio

Thanks guys. I really appreciate it! Yes the Mini H1 kit works just the same way

IMG_7153.jpg

Here are some shots I snagged at lunch today. Overcast day. The butter happened to be left on the table after the previous nights dinner haha.

Looks great. Thanks for posting up the how to.

So... you going to do the drivers side?

Any pics of the light output?

Drivers side was done tonight. The lock nut on the back of one of my projectors was seized on so I could only to one light until either the bowl was replaced or I got it freed up. Luckily I got it to free up. Output shots will be here in the next couple of days

What did you use/what was your method? Those badges came out great!

remove badges
used 800grit sanding pad to scuff
then hit with 1500grit pad

i use a pad because it keeps sanding even.

i then clean with alcohol and let dry
hit with a light coat of paint, and i mean very light to ensure it adheres to the surface properly
let sit for 10 minutes then hit it with a nice even wet coat
repeat 1 more time, then let sit for 30 minutes
come back and hit with a light coat of clear
then come back with a wet coat of clear possibly two.

let dry for 24-48 hours and install on the car!

painting takes patience and prep. if you mess up, let it dry and sand it out. thinner coats is better than thicker coats. i'd rather have 3 thin coats than 1 thick coat or in some cases 5 thick coats (newbs)

feel free to PM me with any emblem painting advice!

Here are some pics my my 2. Please excuse the snow, its hard to keep it clean up here!

Modifications include JDM tailights, Corksport license plate holder, short antenna, 35% tint, plastidipped emblems and rear reflectors, OEM spoiler, stickers that add 50HP, racing beat muffler, and LEDs in sidemarkers.

Last pic shows what happened when an idiot in a GMC 1500 drifts into my car when i was putting gas in it.

Attachments

• tn_DSCN0075.JPG
    tn_DSCN0075.JPG
    87.3 KB · Views: 261
  • tn_DSCN0074.JPG
    tn_DSCN0074.JPG
    79.9 KB · Views: 260
  • tn_DSCN0073.JPG
    tn_DSCN0073.JPG
    104.1 KB · Views: 264
  • tn_DSCN0071.JPG
    tn_DSCN0071.JPG
    78 KB · Views: 279
  • tn_DSCN0070.JPG
    tn_DSCN0070.JPG
    78.5 KB · Views: 272
@ demio11 Hey twin!

Need better pics and to aim these things, but here's mine after the retrofit

a0f23638.jpg

thats awesome didnt know you were even doing a retrofit! Good job!

Heres some cell phone pics of my "ladybug" magnetic spots for the upcoming autocross season...still working out the final placement and addition of antenna lol

and then here's some non ladybug photos from last night from the trusty ole cell phone

Looks awesome....
cartoon-ladybug-9.gif

thats awesome didnt know you were even doing a retrofit! Good job!

Heres some cell phone pics of my "ladybug" magnetic spots for the upcoming autocross season...still working out the final placement and addition of antenna lol

and then here's some non ladybug photos from last night from the trusty ole cell phone

thanks...have such cabin fever waiting for the autox season to start. When she gets springs (and spots) she will look like a different animal with the current wheels\tires I have for my autox setup.

P9116297-1.jpg

Last edited:
I think they are a +35 offset, on a 7 inch wide rim

Last edited:
Back