Possible new MS3 owner

Tetsubo

Contributor
:
2013 MS3 w/ Tech
I've always drooled over the thought of owning a speed 3. With my career taking off and making some money. Here pretty soon Iam planning on buying a new or semi new ms3(upgrade from my p5). Just wondering how much some of you paid for them and what exactly comes with the different models. Also looking for suggestions for a new owner?

"Also looking for suggestions for a new owner?"

Have two sets of wheels/tires...

1) Summer or all season set

2) Winter set

I see ur in Texas...depends if you get snow or not.

I just got a MS3 last month, upgrading from a regular Mazda 3 Hatchback. Its a 2008 Sunlight Silver GT. As far as the Gen 1's go, the GT comes with premium bose audio, nicer seats, automatic xenon headlights, and LED tail lights. Those are the big ones I remember for the 2007-2009 models.

I got a crazy deal on mine. Car was 10/10 pristine on the inside and 9/10 on the exterior, with a few minor scuffs that I'm sure I can buff out. Has 10,200 miles (!!) and was completely stock, payed $15,500. I got really lucky with the timing as the day after I bought it the seller received offers for 17-18k.

As far as suggestions go, I've only driven it a few times as I'm at school right now and it resides back home in New York. But I would also say look into summer/all season and a winter set of tires as 5port said if you get bad winter weather.

Good luck!

I almost bought a 08 back 6 months ago for 16 k with only 14 k miles on it. I was chatting with a salesman I got in good with at the dealership. He was telling me about 22k for the touring edition is about a low a they go on them. A far a weather goes, it never gets too terrible for me to own a couple sets of tires.

I live in minnesota and have a good set of all season tires. Almost seems like a waste of money to have two sets would rather use my money for better things. I have never had one problem in the snow with the tires either.

Buy new. Mine has 64000 km and it's been complete trouble. Spent over 10 grand in repairs [some under warranty] and it's still not fixed. Drives good and I want to love it but it's a money pit. I won't buy a mazda again but I really want to get this one running good. I've only driven it about 3000km.

I only agree with a winter set if you deal with a good bit of snow. I have all season and I run just fine. I personally would stay away from 07-08 gen1s, 08.5-09 are good and the newer styles. I got mine for I believe 19 with 24k miles and I have yet to have an issue, other than engine code, "too lean at idle". When you do make the purchase make sure you have enough money to do some mods, they are inevitable.

We purchased a 2013 MS3 CWP-Bi-Color with Tech Package out the door for $24,300....

Mazdaspeed Technology Package - Blind Spot Monitoring System
- 5.8" full color touchscreen navigation system with voice command.
- HD Radio,
- Pandora internet radio connectivity,
- SMS text message audio delivery and reply
- E911 automatic emergency notification
- Audio menu voice command.
- Mazda Advanced Keyless Entry and Start System with Push Button Start
- Rain-sensing windshield wipers
- Bi-Xenon headlights with auto leveling
- Auto on/off headlights
- Adaptive Front-lighting System
- LED combination taillights
- Alarm system
- SiriusXM Satellite Radio with 4-month trial subscription

DSCN0818_zpsf50d498f.jpg

I've explored a couple of other cars but I seem to keep coming back the speed. I got an insurance quote back, which really surprised me in a good way. I plan to put down about 10k plus what I can get for my P5. Was going to shot for 24k if I was going to pull the tech package. Velocity Red

Back