Possible blow up situation here i need some input please

:
08 speed3
So i recently ordered a ATP full downpipe, Turbo Inlet, some other parts that wont effect power. But my problem is this if install the DP and TIP ill be running
-Full DP
- Greddy Ti-c exhaust
- TIP
- Fujita CAI
-Turbosmarts dualport BOV(dunno if this one really matters)

Now my question is this.

Will i be safe running on that or will i end up blowing my motor? I realise i most likely need to buy an Accessport and get tuned but until then can i run these parts and be okay? I really dont want to leave this sitting around but if i really cant put them in i obviously have to wait.

Please if you could help me out cuz these parts are on their way and i dont wanna make a mistake

Thanks you guys.

The accessport tune and datalogging will tell you if you need a fuel pump upgrade (which is highly likely). Don't install those parts until you have the accessport.

Can't take advantage of them anyways without a good tune.

The accessport tune and datalogging will tell you if you need a fuel pump upgrade (which is highly likely). Don't install those parts until you have the accessport.

Can't take advantage of them anyways without a good tune.

Thanks! thats what i figured but i wanted to see if i could run them safely now that i know i will not be able to looks like these parts will be sitting around collecting dust for a while til i can buy that accessport and afford to pay the ridiculous amounts of money these tuners in arizona ask for!

Just post in for sale section that you want to buy an accessport, that way you can get one that is used and cheaper.

The TIP will be fine no matter what. It's the DP that may cause problems. If you take it easy you'll probably be fine for a short time, but without something to monitor fuel pressure you're rolling the dice.

While posting WTB for an accessport is a good idea, those things sell in classifieds like hotcakes so you may wait longer than you want to, lol.

I think he is pretty much sold on installing the parts and trying his luck so it seems he will be waiting to get one anyways.

Bez that is not true actually had 2 access ports be offered already looks as if though im gonna be purchasing whichever gives me the best deal at this point

There are other ways to verify high pressure pump fuel pressure under load that buying accessport. I know it is a good product, but OP can purchase or buy for much less a used Dash Hawk or any one of the various scan tools out there, some of which are just dongles that connect the OBD II port on the car to typically a USB port on a laptop. I use ScanXL Pro which operates that way. You can get the entire scanning package with all of the generic and Mazda specific PID's for a lot less than either a Dash Hawk or access port.

I have found that my gen 1 MS3 even with a fully catless dp/rp maintains 1600+ psi on the stock fuel pump. And I am approaching 60,000 miles on the car. And that is also with the HT tune producing target boost in the 18-19 psi range with gradual taper.

But I do agree that OP does need to know what his fuel pressure is under load, one way or another.

It is not good to generalize about whether a downpipe will cause a gen 1 car's fuel pump to take a dump.

Last edited:
....and a DP + RP dumped my fuel pressure to 700 psi so...I think it really is rolling the dice without a tune or at least a way to monitor vital stats.

Back