pope down pipe install

Pez

:
2003.5 Mazdaspeed Protege
does anyone happen to have a pope down pipe install procedure? I've searched a bit and couldn't find anything.

you have to pull the turbo mani, turbo, s&j pipes as an assembly and install it off the car. do you need specifics? I just did my steedspeed and pope not long ago. let me know if you need any help.

I did my pope with everything still on the car. I just took off intercooler piping, and the j-pipe and swore a bunch at the nut under the stock s-pipe.

lol yea that nut is a pita. I was mainly asking cuz i was going to make a write up but it seems kinda useless. Doesn't seem like there is much interest for it. Plus i'm already almost done. Just waiting for some parts to come in and i'll be putting it all back in. But i did yank the mani, turbo and s pipe all together. I just ordered new studs and banjo bolts so i can make everything fresh, i figured why not since it was all out anyways.

I did my pope with everything still on the car. I just took off intercooler piping, and the j-pipe and swore a bunch at the nut under the stock s-pipe.

I've heard of a few people doing it with everything still on the car but I figured that the trouble its going to give you trying to get it off and putting it back on in such a tight space wont add up to just pulling everything. yes it's a bigger job but Its easier that way. especially if you bust studs off in the turbo.

Back