Pole Position Raceway (aka P2R)

MSPM1cheLe

DRVRMOD
:
2010 BMW 135i
Hey guys!

For those of you that dont know... pole position is a brand new indoor karting track here in vegas, that i work at, which isnt open quite yet. you can get more info on it at:
www.polepositionraceway.com

but i was Just posting for an update. the latest word is that opening will be in a week to a week and a half.

so yeah, just trying to keep you guys up to date.

also... i have a HUGE favor to ask.

if you guys plan to get the membership, which comes with 1 free race the day you register, a t shirt, $5 arcade credits, and discounted member price for one full year, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE get it through me (like come to me when im working) because we get credit for how many we sell. so you guys would really be helping me out. :]

so yeah... please and thankkkkkksss alotttt :D:D

ill keep you guys posted with more info as i get it!

and heres this for all of you wondering prices
p2r.jpg

GIRL!!! YOU KNOW WE ARE SOOOO THERE ALL DAY ALMOST EVERYDAY thats if we can afford to do it everyday hehehehe...but yeah i was telling chris that everyone should get the membership through you i figured you would get some sort of credit...awesome...be prepared to make a pretty penny because of us ahahahah. lets hope it opens this weekend in time for christian's bday hehehe... all info and group get together for the grand opening will be on the other forum heheh thanks for the info girl! let see next year if we can close the place down just to us! hehe

Sounds cool. So if you guys open up before the end of Dec. and I get an annual membership....do i get 2 free races since by B-day is in Dec? :)

ohh and how long is a race? laps lenght, etc.?

Seems like it will be a great place for meets.

oh yeah im working on a meet as soon as i get the date they open, so you can expect us there the day they open, if we're all working, we'll be there late, or as soon as everyone gets outta work but yeah its been a meeting spot, it's just not open yet heheheh... we're definitely gonna have meets there for sure!

when's your bday stephen? damn all you december babies hehehe

my b-day is Dec 17th. YAY! one week!

I checked out the website and it seems sweet. I haven't done carts since I lived in FL. There they had a 1 mile outside road course and a nascar style track.

Sounds cool. So if you guys open up before the end of Dec. and I get an annual membership....do i get 2 free races since by B-day is in Dec? :)

ohh and how long is a race? laps lenght, etc.?

Seems like it will be a great place for meets.

yes you will get 2 free races :]

races are 12 laps which usually takes about 15 min or so. it can be shorter or longer depending upon how fast youre driving :p

you guys are going to love this place.

Edit: the track length is 1/4 mile!!!!!!

Last edited:
GIRL!!! YOU KNOW WE ARE SOOOO THERE ALL DAY ALMOST EVERYDAY thats if we can afford to do it everyday hehehehe...but yeah i was telling chris that everyone should get the membership through you i figured you would get some sort of credit...awesome...be prepared to make a pretty penny because of us ahahahah. lets hope it opens this weekend in time for christian's bday hehehe... all info and group get together for the grand opening will be on the other forum heheh thanks for the info girl! let see next year if we can close the place down just to us! hehe

Hey, just a suggestion, im not trying to persuade you to buy more, BUT if you do plan on being there like.... alot..

if you look at the platinum membership, and you actually break down the costs, its really an awesome awesome deal. anthony is probably going to get it.

and just bc im bored, ill do it for you...

$240 12 - Races (10 races and then 2 during your bday month)
$80 2 hats and 2 t shirts @ $20
$20 arcade credits (we also have pool tables in our arcade, its a nice)
$340

so yeah.. youre already at $340... THEN on top of all that you get VIP same day reservations, which I promise will come in handy because there wil most likely ALWAYS be a wait. AND access to the icon lounge. Now, the icon lounge is seriously the coolest place in the building, other than the track. If you dont believe me, ask me to show it to you when you come in. :]

Besides how cool it is, inside you get the play the wii, drink UNLIMITED amounts of monster, PLUS you get six guest passes to the lounge. Now steve asked me if the 6 passes are one time use or all the time, idk the answer to that and i will find out.

and also, you get invited to the VIP events, which will usually have some type of shareholder and/or celebrity. for example kurt busch, jamie little, mike metzger, jeff gordon, etc.

lastly, if you race more than 12 times in the year, youll still save by recieving the membership price of $20, not non-member price of $25.

oh yeah, and not to mention, the platinum card members get a cooler looking card than just the annual members :X

so there ya have it. :]

i think its an awesome deal, but i know 399 is alot. either way, which ever works for you. :D

PS- theres so much stuff i haven't told you guys :X hehe

ahhhhhh its so exciting :D!!!

my b-day is Dec 17th. YAY! one week!

I checked out the website and it seems sweet. I haven't done carts since I lived in FL. There they had a 1 mile outside road course and a nascar style track.

oh damn! christian's is dec. 16th i think rick is the 24th or 26th or is it 27th... and yeah...damn everyone's bday is coming up! hehehe

hey i may be making jello shots at the house just for my after finals celebration, how about i make jello shots for not only that but for everyone since alot of you guys' bdays are coming up! heheh

MICHELE:

damn thats a lotta info! ahahah i might just do that, it would probably end up soo omuch more cheaper... but yeah i cant wait either soooo exciting, ive been electric karting before, and wow what an experience! heheheh yeah throw a date out to me and ill get to planning for everyone to get together and raid the karting place... Vegas Mazdas will leave their mark! hell put a picture of us on the wall too while you guys are at it heheheheheh and we'll all sign it and have the logo on it and everyone.. VIP biatches! hehehehe jk

all meet info will be on the other forum... so PM me if you need the link

Last edited:
WERE OPEN!!!!

i sent out a text to everyone i knewwwwwww

steve showed up :]

thanks steve :] tell him how it was!! haha

well first off, this will be a long post... i think... i drank a bit tonight lol

second off, everyone needs to go down there ASAP!!!!!!

it definatly gives me the same rush that my shifter gives me at an autocross. now don't get it confused it's not nearly as fast, and not nearly as responsive, but for the size of the track it is definatly pretty intense!!! i know where i'll be keeping up on my karting skills in the offseason!!!

you hit the gas, the kart goes... simple as that!!! no time waiting for the motor to hit the desired rpm's, it just goes... now this is good and bad because if you smash the gas mid corner your rear wheels will hop... which causes your back end to slide, which then ultamatelty ends in you going slow around the corner... this is not so much a problem with the karts (which are pretty top notch) but it's a problem with the driver learning how to drive the kart.

when you apply the brakes, you MUST do so while in a straight line and brake early... i had to continually pound this into my head while doing my laps... you break with the wheels turned, your front wheels will loose traction, you will slide forward, your rear wheels will then start to hop, and then you will mentally kick your ass for blowing the corner...

the track is VERY tight... i would assume it definatly was NOT designed with passing in mind, passing is possible but not nessisarilly easy.. you have to be doing the right thing at the right time while the other person blows a corner... not saying this is a bad thing, since passing on a real track is not an easy task, but it definatly is not an easy thing.. I did manage 4 passes from starting from the back of the pack during the 18 laps but i will say, i had to set the passes up right and one pass was helped with the blue/yellow stripe flag ;) hehe

in summary the track and the karts are many times better than fast lap, which is sad because i love fast lap, but good because i love to race in an awesome enviroment!

the facillity is amazing.. what more can i say, it has a huge screen pointing towards the spectators which is updated in realtime during the race so everyone can see exactily what's going on as far as lap times and placing.

the monster lounge has a great view of the track and the pool tables are awesome! Great place for a meet!

hell the spectator area is amazing, very large, very open, not a bad seat!!

the Icon Lounge.... well all i really can say is i need my platinum membership.... it seems like it would be the ultimate place to even just hang out, the pool table doesn't cost money, you have your own LCD tv and it looks like a really chill atmosphere :) I WILL DEFINATLY be getting the platinum membership after the 1st of the year :)

yea that's about it i had a hellava time and will definatly go back... if you enjoyed fast lap... you'll LOVE P2R

oh and as an added bonus, the karts when at 100% speed sound somewhat similar to a F1 car from really far away ;) hehehe

can't wait to go back ;)

well first off, this will be a long post... i think... i drank a bit tonight lol

second off, everyone needs to go down there ASAP!!!!!!

it definatly gives me the same rush that my shifter gives me at an autocross. now don't get it confused it's not nearly as fast, and not nearly as responsive, but for the size of the track it is definatly pretty intense!!! i know where i'll be keeping up on my karting skills in the offseason!!!

you hit the gas, the kart goes... simple as that!!! no time waiting for the motor to hit the desired rpm's, it just goes... now this is good and bad because if you smash the gas mid corner your rear wheels will hop... which causes your back end to slide, which then ultamatelty ends in you going slow around the corner... this is not so much a problem with the karts (which are pretty top notch) but it's a problem with the driver learning how to drive the kart.

when you apply the brakes, you MUST do so while in a straight line and brake early... i had to continually pound this into my head while doing my laps... you break with the wheels turned, your front wheels will loose traction, you will slide forward, your rear wheels will then start to hop, and then you will mentally kick your ass for blowing the corner...

the track is VERY tight... i would assume it definatly was NOT designed with passing in mind, passing is possible but not nessisarilly easy.. you have to be doing the right thing at the right time while the other person blows a corner... not saying this is a bad thing, since passing on a real track is not an easy task, but it definatly is not an easy thing.. I did manage 4 passes from starting from the back of the pack during the 18 laps but i will say, i had to set the passes up right and one pass was helped with the blue/yellow stripe flag ;) hehe

in summary the track and the karts are many times better than fast lap, which is sad because i love fast lap, but good because i love to race in an awesome enviroment!

the facillity is amazing.. what more can i say, it has a huge screen pointing towards the spectators which is updated in realtime during the race so everyone can see exactily what's going on as far as lap times and placing.

the monster lounge has a great view of the track and the pool tables are awesome! Great place for a meet!

hell the spectator area is amazing, very large, very open, not a bad seat!!

the Icon Lounge.... well all i really can say is i need my platinum membership.... it seems like it would be the ultimate place to even just hang out, the pool table doesn't cost money, you have your own LCD tv and it looks like a really chill atmosphere :) I WILL DEFINATLY be getting the platinum membership after the 1st of the year :)

yea that's about it i had a hellava time and will definatly go back... if you enjoyed fast lap... you'll LOVE P2R

oh and as an added bonus, the karts when at 100% speed sound somewhat similar to a F1 car from really far away ;) hehehe

can't wait to go back ;)

dude... you rock. :]

you said it all :] yayyyy!!! :D

SOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH FUN!!!!!! THIS THURSDAY EVERYONE~ more info on the other forum

we'll probably meet at the usual spot then head on over to the karting place since it may rain and it'll be cold as hell!

Back