pod air filter

mariusz

i'm writing because i'm very exited. i just instaled a Saas pod air filter and mounted it on short 3 inch pipe( it holds my MAF) and connected it directly to the rubber pipe thet previously attache to the air box. the power gain is incredeble. it is the same expirience when one instaled prefabricated CAI that peple were discussing on those forums. i gained over a second in 0-100 km/h (~0-60miles/h). and turbo lag is almost all gone!!!!!!!(humpleg)
(humpleg)(boobs)(boobs)(first)(first)

oh one litle problem, with the increased flow boost inreased throug all rev rangers up to ~19 psi, BUT when i kept it at 19 PSI of boost i hert a bang and felt instantenious loss of power, when i acellerated again thing were fine and power was back on. (i have vac/boost gauge)

I suppose it was either detonation or pre-ignition, from what i read i would be better for my engine if it was detonation.

19 psi!! On the stock fuel system you are risking a blown engine. Have you logged your AFR's?

what is AFR??

and why would i blown engine in stsndart fuel system. i'm sure that's restrictive. i'm in stling fuel cut deffender i couple of days and will see if i still have problems at the higher boost. and no i will not go abouve 19psi, it's plenty for me, for now any way(drive)

If you are asking what AFR's are, then you have no business turning up your boost. AFR is air/fuel ratio. 19 psi is nearly 4 psi over stock. There are threads of Speed 3 guys blowing engines at that boost level with stock tuning and stock fuel systems.

i know very well what is air/fuel ratio it just the acronim got me.

AFR should not to be affected too much because with icresed boost there is inreased air flow through MAF which in tern inceases fuel flow. secandly CX7 engine block is newer and better designed, and thirdly 10 to 20% increse in boost way with in safty margine that engine should handle.

Wow a whole second? What was it before, what is it now, this sounds VERY beneficial, I'm thinking about upping the boost sooner now.

The CX-7 does have slightly higher boost over MS3/6's right?

hi
i belive it was around 9 sec ie from0 to 100km'h. it droped to just below 8sec. note that i did not rev my egine or di any othe silly things , car was in drive, at idle, stationary, i floored the gas pedal and timed the expirience. so my time probably is not as good if i used manual shift, or rev up before leting off the brake.

just o the seperate note. before upping a boost u need to instol flue cut deffender. after my initial run when i boosted up to 19 psi now my engine does nor allow boost to go abouve 15.5 psi and if i push it it just drops of to ~12-13 psi. i'm getting my fuel cut defender instoled this coming wen. it's from turbosmart, it's electronic. i will set it to ~18 psi, that's almost 3 extra psi abouve factory setings.

than the next stop boost cotroller, probablt turbosmart Tee.

Last edited:
just to update every one

fuel cut defender: is doing a gret job. i'm able esly boost to 18 psi and stay on it from mid range. note i could easly go above it but i'm plaing safe. one smal problem engine light turns on. a error 069 pops on my mechanics gizmo, some thin to do with MAP vs baro sensors readings. we ie my mechanic and my self , tried every thing and after 2 to 3 drives engine light keeps coming back on.

on oter note the boost controler works perfectly i was able to go 0-80km'h in 5.7 sec which means probably 0-100 around 7 secs. which is bloody god for 2.3L engine and over 1700kg car.

i will be removin the fuel cut defender and i will have to be limmited to the factory seting ie not being able to boost abouve ~16 psi

Sounds like your intake is causing a problem, I have the AEM short ram and it works great, no CEL's ever.

Upping the boost seems to yield great results.

Why are you removing the BCD?

why do u think it is intake problem. engine light start coming on only afte fuel cut deffender was installed.i susppect thet wires that come off MAP sensor also some how are conected to barometric sensor. apparently our currs has thai special system where they use a set of wires for obtaining differen inputs.

Back