PLEASE READ before you post in this FORUM

Sir Nuke

Guys and Girls,

PLEASE think before you post......what I mean is this, and it truely goes for ALL forums on the site.

REGARDLESS of if you have a MP3, a MSP, or a P5, or a regular Sedan (lx, dx, or es). When you are in that respective forum and you have a question and you are going to post a new thread.....ask yourself. WHAT IS THE REAL QUESTION???

are you asking a PERFORMANCE related question?

an AUDIO SYSTEM/ELECTORNICS question?

a question about your SUSPENSION, TIRES, OR IF A WHEEL WILL FIT?

a question about how a piece or part will make your car LOOK (its APPEARANCE)??? OR where to get such a part.....

Just because you have a P5 does not mean the question goes in the P5 forum...or if you are driving a MP3 that it goes in the MP3 forum, etc.....

we have specific forums for all these things.....it takes a lot of time for all of the mods to go into their sections and move things around to their proper place......we would all appreciate it if we all took a little more time to THINK about where the question we are about to ask should truely go. Believe me....I want to come here and read all the posts and gain more information and have a good time as much as the next member....it would help us all if we all posted in the correct forum.

Thank You for listening/reading..... (stash) Sir Nuke

my bad.. i think that was posted about my tax return question.. i thought about posting it in appearence but then i thought well maybe i should get new subs.. or new wheels.. so i ddint kno where to post it..
my bad nuke. -=0X

If you can't figure out how to spend your tax return make a thread in OFF TOPIC and make a list of the possibilties.

mypfizzle said:
my bad.. i think that was posted about my tax return question.. i thought about posting it in appearence but then i thought well maybe i should get new subs.. or new wheels.. so i ddint kno where to post it..
my bad nuke. -=0X

absolutely NOT fizzle....wasn't directed at ANYONE.

but you might feel the same way if you spent a good protion of YOUR time on the board moving things around and fixing this sort of thing insted of getting to read peoples threads and responding to them and maybe even learning along the way.....it takes a lot of time to watch over the board by all of us....its a lot of work....no matter what there is going to be things we need to do...and if EVERYONE helps keep the forums clean by posting in the most correct forum.....it allows more time for all of us to have fun. (stash)

My guess is people want their thread to be seen by as many people as possible. Some folks never look in the performance or other specialized forums so it seems you will reach the biggest audience with a post for your car here.
Not to flame at all(nervous) (and I think you guys have a much better attitude over here) but I think the "other" forum is laid out in a better way. (wink)

If you guys don't like being confined to specific categories whenever you post, or be accussed of being a troll just because you don't have a certain number of posts under your belt, visit Mazda-talk.com. It's not as cool as this forum but it's also free & fast. Sort of like the great mazda forum on network54. Don't get me wrong, I like this forum but I also don't want to have to jump from forum to forum and make sure my topic is relevant to the category.

pingdum said:
My guess is people want their thread to be seen by as many people as possible. Some folks never look in the performance or other specialized forums so it seems you will reach the biggest audience with a post for your car here.
Not to flame at all(nervous) (and I think you guys have a much better attitude over here) but I think the "other" forum is laid out in a better way. (wink)

the very reason that we have different sections to the forum...so that the most people with the knowledge will see your post.....

and so if YOU are not interested in Performance related threads...or any other specific subject for that matter....YOU would have to wade through the clutter to see what YOU want to....

savaho said:
I like this forum but I also don't want to have to jump from forum to forum and make sure my topic is relevant to the category.

get use to it.....its how our forum is set up to operate.

but this is why there are the select few that are moderators and not the rest of the people, right? moderators have a clear idea of where stuff goes... whereas normal users can get confused in where to put it... so it's the moderator's job to make sure everything is tidy ;)

Sir Nuke said:
Guys and Girls,

PLEASE think before you post......what I mean is this, and it truely goes for ALL forums on the site.

REGARDLESS of if you have a MP3, a MSP, or a P5, or a regular Sedan (lx, dx, or es). When you are in that respective forum and you have a question and you are going to post a new thread.....ask yourself. WHAT IS THE REAL QUESTION???

are you asking a PERFORMANCE related question?

an AUDIO SYSTEM/ELECTORNICS question?

a question about your SUSPENSION, TIRES, OR IF A WHEEL WILL FIT?

a question about how a piece or part will make your car LOOK (its APPEARANCE)??? OR where to get such a part.....

Just because you have a P5 does not mean the question goes in the P5 forum...or if you are driving a MP3 that it goes in the MP3 forum, etc.....

we have specific forums for all these things.....it takes a lot of time for all of the mods to go into their sections and move things around to their proper place......we would all appreciate it if we all took a little more time to THINK about where the question we are about to ask should truely go. Believe me....I want to come here and read all the posts and gain more information and have a good time as much as the next member....it would help us all if we all posted in the correct forum.

Thank You for listening/reading..... (stash) Sir Nuke

Re: Re: PLEASE READ before you post in this FORUM

TheMAN said:
but this is why there are the select few that are moderators and not the rest of the people, right? moderators have a clear idea of where stuff goes... whereas normal users can get confused in where to put it... so it's the moderator's job to make sure everything is tidy ;)

ture....and its also the very reason why I spend nearly 50% of all my time here moving threads....most people think that just because they drive a P5...that ALL their threads belong in the P5 forum...and that couldn't be farther from the truth....

oh so is the life of a mod! lol (stash)

Re: Re: Re: PLEASE READ before you post in this FORUM

that's because they want to feel special :rolleyes: unfortunately the format of the forum may encourage people to post in this manner

Sir Nuke said:

ture....and its also the very reason why I spend nearly 50% of all my time here moving threads....most people think that just because they drive a P5...that ALL their threads belong in the P5 forum...and that couldn't be farther from the truth....

oh so is the life of a mod! lol (stash)

Re: Re: Re: Re: PLEASE READ before you post in this FORUM

TheMAN said:
that's because they want to feel special :rolleyes: unfortunately the format of the forum may encourage people to post in this manner

to some extent it does.....so I am doing my part to keep this little corner of the board neat.......

Got cha!

Thanks for the Heads up....although I think I just madea mistake with my first post :p

but there is always the first time right???

This is my first post, and a humble suggestion.
Why not have specific sections as related by car.
I just bought my P5 2 days ago, and before that I had a Stratus.
On the Stratusphere.us web site users have there features (ie: performance, audio, body, ect) broken down by car modle.
It made it very nice to find relevent information for my vehical. On this site though I have to sift and sort through the posts, and try to find P5 related mods. It seems like it would make more since to seperate the Audio and performance, ect. sections by car model.

Don't get me wrong, I really appreciate this site, and all the information made availible on it. My intention isn't to upset anyone here, I just thought I would share my idea.

First off welcome to the site :D . I think the reason it's not broken down like that is because of the "search button" So if your looking for anything related to the P5 you could just type in "Intakes for Protege 5", "Bodykits for P5" or whatever.

Anyways, good suggestion and once again welcome to our lovely home :D

Wow we were talking about SirNuke and his thread gets ressurected from the grave. How cool is that? It's an OMEN!

not to mention that he was talking about the very same thing that prob made him leave ..... weird.

Brakes on Protege 5 '02

(boom07) Man its been a while since i've done brakes on a car; and according to the screeching sounds coming from from brakes,...ITS TIME! (hand) . could someone refresh my memory,........ (hah) (confused)

Thanks,....
____________sighned, yeah i know , ..how pathetic (hah)

Back