Please help with some custom cat back questions

Razhael

Well, i already found a place that can mandrel bent a 2.5 pipe for my car, but now... what about the muffler? i dunno anything about this kind of stuff, mainly i want one that keeps the 2.5 diameter for the inlet and that has a nice sound (not loud or fart can) and looks nice. If you guys can give me any ideas on brands and models that will go ok witht the 2.5 pipe!
thx

I have a 3inch Blitz NurspecR, i know they make a 2.5 inch NurspecR also and jus the Nurspec its pretty loud, Borla's are good but only have 2.25 inch inlet, and your car should be alot louder anyway because if you are making custom pipes you are going to be ripping out the resonator..go to ardperformance.com they have some nice mufflers, hks is a great muffler,5zigen, etc. also check out dynomax they have the sound of a civic with thier import style muffler.. sounds decently good...hope i helped..

If you want a decent muffler and wanna save money, go with the Arospeed muffler... I have it on my mp3 and that s*** sounds nice... no hissy sounds... a nice roar... I did a 2.25 custom cat-back with the Arospeed and I think that was my best MOD so far... You'll be happy... Good luck...

You dont want to go with a bigger mandrel-bent piping setup than 2.25 inch...unless you are going FI, N2O, or have some WILD cam applications...I recommend 2.25 for top end power and 2inch for the best gains across the board, if all you are doing is in's-n-outs.

As for mufflers...Rishie can get you a kick ass muffler for a good price :D ...a little help here Rishie ;) ...

Other good mufflers that are a bit more pricey are Magnaflow street series and Thermal R+D.

Back