please help.......not sure.....

iNeedSpeed

:
titanium msp & silver fc3
ok.sat morning i came home from work between jobs and when i started my car to go to my other job i couldnt get it into gear. i have a 2003.5 msprotge and there wer no signs of a slipping clutch or anything else. i can put it in gear if its not running but when i start it it lunges forward so i dont know what the heck to do...... is it my clutch or something simple? i have changed the clutch in my rx7 twice so that is no problem but this is new to me....

update!!!

ok....today, after not driving my car for a couple of weeks, i was able to get it into gear and drive it around my apt complex. it is hard getting it into gear but it drives fine once in gear. if i depress the clutch to stop though it makes a loud noise like metal rubbing...... any clues???

my msp used to be hard to get into gear when I first got it. Took it to a shop, they replaced the clutch line because they said it looked wet and it could have been a possible slow leak. It was fine ever since. As far as the metal sound you hear, I don't know.

I would check your fluid levels. Its a hydraulic cluth, so check your brake fluid level. Also, make sure you have enough trans fluid and its not leaking.

Back