Playing with Vinyl

Metro Restyling responded. They will work with us.
I'll be talking with their special buy point of contact to see what we can work out.

In the mean time who all is interested in buying some stuff?

1. Jwlj
2. Andy409
3. Gio26NJ ??
4. awmenard

Last edited:
Just got off of the phone with Metro Restyling.

How this will work.

Group buy for all members must be at least $500 before discounts come into play.
Discount will vary from 5%-20%+ depending on the item ordered and quanity of item.

If we get 10 people, this number will be easily reached. I'm not quite sure how much people plan to buy.
Cannot give % ahead of time due to so many different products carried and different discounts per quanity of that item.

I will make an individual post about this later today.
I would like some input from the interested parties as to how long we should wait for other people to jump onboard.

It would be VERY helpful to the group as a whole, should you post the items you intend to purchase and the dollar amount you intend to pay BEFORE the discount comes into play.
That way we can see if we are reaching the $500 mark.

The $500 represents vinyl purchases, vice the application materials. (Knife, primer, cleaning solution etc...)
They seem very willing to work with us however in reaching that $500 total.

I will do my stuff later when I have time to figure out exactly what I want to buy.

Happy shopping everybody.
Looking foward to some great pictures!

Good to hear! I saw that Metro sells paint protection film but it doesn't specify what brand. Do you know if its Ventureshield, Scotchguard, etc?

They have two kinds.
Avery, which I posted links to and their own in house brand.
Both can be discounted.
The Avery is not as transparent as their Metro Restyling Branded vinyl.
As to how it compares in regards to durability and ease of install.... I can't really help. I suppose there is somebody out there that has that information posted on the web.

nice! I'll see what I need and get a figure soon. Just to clarify, is it $500/person or $500 for the group?

I don't know if I'm ready to buy this yet man, I just put that Ventureshield that cost me $250, plus ordered that chrome rear bumper protector thingy. Wife starting to get pissed, I may need to lay low for a little bit on the CX-5 spending.

I don't know if I'm ready to buy this yet man, I just put that Ventureshield that cost me $250, plus ordered that chrome rear bumper protector thingy. Wife starting to get pissed, I may need to lay low for a little bit on the CX-5 spending.

COMPLETLY UNDERSTAND!

We don't have a time table for this just yet. I suppose I'm looking to gather interest.
I just found out last night I have to travel out of the country for a week for work. Leaving in 4 days.. nice heads up right?

Me too. :)
Kinda wish people from the other Mazdaz247 subforums would jump on this thread

It took a little longer then expected to get my samples and tools in but here is what I got,
IMAG0901.jpg

IMAG0902.jpg

Starting left: Metallic Black, Gloss Black, Satin Black, and Dark Smoke (for taillights)

For me the metallic did not fit with the vehicle so I ruled that one out. I decided to go with gloss for the roof and window pillars and satin for bottom trims and side mirrors. Satin black is similar in terms of color and finish to the original plastic trim but it has a much richer tone that complements the vehicle very well. And since its a bit more subtle then metallic and gloss, it doesn't distract you away from the gorgeous metallic body paint. It does, however, have a slight shine to it, so its not something that will be ignored either. The best way I can describe it is that gloss black is often referred to have a "wet" look when its well maintained and cleaned. The satin black gives it a smooth and silky look and texture.

The satin looks very nice.

what color is your CX-5?
The only reason I'm considering the black metallic is that it seems to match my white pearl pretty well with the "glitter" effect to match the white.

You've got me thinking about that satin now...pretty strongly.
It reminds me of the finish on the CRV's.

I have the red zeal cx-5, the satin looks good. I was going for a black and red theme, black widow style hahaha

Speaking of black widows....
Saw a bunch at work last week.

Little death balls.

Yeah hold off on the white as my second thoughts are it may look tacky 6 months from now. I'm a fan of brushed aluminum on black. I've got this same identical interior in my VW CC.

Dash3.jpg

"Wow! That looks awesome! I like your idea! I'll consider doing my own vinyl wrap project as well but will probably seek some professional help from gatorprints.
Gloss Black Metallic G212"

Attachments

• Gloss-Black-Metallic-G212.jpg
    Gloss-Black-Metallic-G212.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 119
I ordered a bunch of samples from Metro Restyling.
$1.99 for 4" x 8"

Below are pictures and colors from their website.
In the post below I will provide a bunch of pictures of it applied in our cars.
Ignore the crappy install job. It was a test to see how they looked in our CX-5.

3M DI-NOC Bubinga Gloss Wood Vinyl
qoeyir.jpg

Of the 3 wood patterns, I liked this one the best.

3M DI-NOC Birds Eye Maple Gloss Wood Vinyl
j7xfsh.jpg

Turned out okay, not great.

3M DI-NOC Light Birds Eye Maple Gloss Wood Vinyl
xogsv5.jpg

I did not like the look of this one at all. It could be how and where I placed it and the amount to stretching that was required.

White 3M DI-NOC Carbon Fiber DINOC Flex Wrap CA-419
24l3381.jpg

This one had a great texture to it as well. The only problem I saw was when I stretched it out. The checker pattern became distorted and lost that cool look.

3M 1080 G12 Scotchprint Gloss Black Vinyl Wrap
2s9y7ix.jpg

3M 1080 G10 Scotchprint Gloss White Vinyl Wrap

It looked like peeling latex paint up close.

3M 1080 G212 Scotchprint Gloss Black Metallic Vinyl Wrap
1eanuu.jpg

Had hints of metal in it. Similar in effect to our White Pearl Paint. Could be a good compliment to the white body if you were to put it over the black plastic trim that is around our car. This one was slightly transparent when I removed the backing. When applied no sign of the covered color came through.

3M Scotchprint 1080 Brushed Black Metallic Vinyl Flex Wrap 1080-BR212
293hb3p.jpg

This one had a cool texture to it. It might be a pain to clean in the car though. The brushed parts would probably hold onto dog hair and fuzz balls.

"You might want to visit Gatorprints, you can request for a quote plus they have a lot of vinyl wraps with lots of colors to choose from.
Gloss White G10"

Attachments

• Gloss-White-G10.jpg
    Gloss-White-G10.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 114

Latest posts

Back