Plasti-Dip Rims on my '11 Speed3

SRH_3GT

:
2015 Mazda 6 Grand Touring
Since I will be offereing Plasti-Dip, where I live, I did a quick test on Plasti-Dip. Like tha blue rims.

BluePlastiDipRims03.jpg

BluePlastiDipRims02.jpg

BluePlastiDipRims01.jpg

BluePlastiDipRims04.jpg

Last edited:
/facepalm @ whoever decided to paint those rims while on the car and didn't even cover the tires.

I was testing things out. Painting the rims with the tires on will not hurt it. I comes right off. I was wanting to see what would happen if I left the rims on the car. All I can say is, don't. Take the tires/rims off the car.

I do not know who the weather is, there in the Tampa area, but, here in Deep South Texas, the freaking heat and humidity sucks. In the near future, I will pull the dip off, amd take the tires off the car. I will then redo all of the plasti dip.

i thought plastic dip only came in black and where did you get it from iam looking for white if they make that color

I thought about plasti dipping mine but im just gonna powder coat them if i ever get around to it.

Well, there is no one, here in the Valley, that I would trust to power coat my rims. I would have to go up there to San Antonio or Houston to have the work done.

Im coating mine myself eventually....my cars not running yet but before i get it ready to get back on the road im gonna do them. Im just not in a rush at the moment. But probably in the next couple of months they will be done.

I'm not in a rush as well. I still need to drive my car up there and get it tuned since the fuel pump has been changed. Plasti-Dip will work for right now. I'm going to plasti-dip my whole car in a matte black color. By having my car BLACK, I hope people will stop hitting it. ugh....

I thought about plasti dipping mine but im just gonna powder coat them if i ever get around to it.

We do not have a powder coater here in the Valley. I'm going to get my friend, who owns a body shop, to start offering that service. There are many people down here who want that done to their vehicles.

hahahaha did not even cover the tire wow definitely would never go to you for this, hahahaha sorry man but thats just stupid silly so promote your work thats not even done correctly

well a**wipe, I was testing the crap on my car. I've already taken off the stuff since the rims are going to be powder coated this week. I was tired of having to clean the brake dust all the time. Since this was posted, I've already done several different things to the vehicle since I'm using my own vehicle as a test car.

Back