Pinging noise on cx5 diesel

Two years later my car still has the problem with no remedy in sight. Have learnt to live with it but still find it irritating

Two years later my car still has the problem with no remedy in sight. Have learnt to live with it but still find it irritating
Hi Pius, sorry to hear that the noise problem still persists. What about the creaking brake noise that you mentioned in your first post of this thread? Is it still there or did you find a solution in the meantime? Mine also has it and I find it irritating.

The ticking is still present and getting a bit louder again. I am now leaning towards a different explanation from the previously suggested fuel injectors. Think this may well be valve/lifter tick that becomes more audible when the engine oil has become warm and thinner. Has anyone here tried a different grade/viscosity oil? Or some additives?

You would be correct, the inject calibration does nothing to help the problem. Good luck finding the solution, the feedback from Mazda Europe is that this noise is normal and they will do nothing to try and resolve it.

Hi absolutely no change and have just accepted the defects

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi, suppose there is nothing else to do than to accept this flaw. Will post here if something new turns up. If I ever get around to it I may try to add some sound insulation in order to muffle this noise to some extent.

Back