Pics of Roof Rails with Window Deflectors / Visors installed?

RizzoLee

:
Mazda CX5 GT w/ Tech
Hi I recently installed roof rails and I'm thinking of picking up some window deflector/visors. Does anybody have both of them installed and can show me some pics so I get an idea of how it looks. Thanks

Here you go.

tg0U9saBrKjv1x1_86f7R285rX1D1ccdkW8oMnoginE

jVfXR-_EkEXo_03ve_IEndB1fTfloMPTF3-hE4T6tU8

XwxJ0yJgOwcvFVy8N7UulWBhaBWhFbCXOvEIs9fgc4s

Can someone explain the purpose of such window deflectors? Is it for wind at highway speed? For rain? I never quite understood what they did when added to a car?

Any driver who likes to cruise with the windows down has experienced the scenario: Youre driving along and suddenly it starts to rain, not a downpour but just enough to get the inside of the car wet. Without Rain Guards theres no choice but to put the windows up and turn on the A/C; cooped up by the whim of the weather. But with rain guards, you can defy the weather and leave the windows down enough to stay dry and still enjoy the fresh air.

http://www.weathertech.com/ makes some great rain guards... plus they have a race team.
Roar24_WeatherTechAudi.jpg

MediaHandler.ashx

Last edited:
I'm not really getting for rain. I live in California so it pretty much only rains 2 times a year. I always get window visors so I can leave a cracked window when parked allowing the car to stay cooler. And with the visors on people can't tell I have the windows slightly opened which I feel more safe. Without it people can look right inside

Can someone explain the purpose of such window deflectors? Is it for wind at highway speed? For rain? I never quite understood what they did when added to a car?

Just checked Weathertech for the side window deflectors - they are not available for the CX-5 yet. SO I guess if we want them, we have to go with OEM. Anyone know differently?

Weather tech only make clip on visors, personally I think the OEM ones look better because it flows with the side of the car

Just checked Weathertech for the side window deflectors - they are not available for the CX-5 yet. SO I guess if we want them, we have to go with OEM. Anyone know differently?

Hi I recently installed roof rails and I'm thinking of picking up some window deflector/visors. Does anybody have both of them installed and can show me some pics so I get an idea of how it looks. Thanks
Are your rails OEM? If so/not do they have trim to re-cover the indentation that runs along the sides of the roof, or are some parts of it exposed?

Yes they are OEM I bought it off used from a member on this forum. And are you talking about the inner side of the rails that the cross bars attaches to? If so then yes you see a run way that is exposed for the OEM cross bars to attach on

Are your rails OEM? If so/not do they have trim to re-cover the indentation that runs along the sides of the roof, or are some parts of it exposed?

well rain guards are usefull because you can leave your windows cracked while parked to let the heat out without having to worry about it raining and getting it soaked inside the car.

If you crack the windows open while driving, do they increase wind noise? It just seems that something sticking out into the wind-stream would disturb the flow of air past the car. Do they stop that horrible wind buffeting noise that you get if you try to drive with just the rear windows open a little?

Thanks, Paul

Last edited:
No I wouldn't say the wind noise with the windows cracked has increased after installing these. They sit nearly flush with the door and really don't stick out into the wind stream. I haven't noticed any buffeting, but then again I don't ride with only the rear windows cracked either. I'll give it a try and let you know though.

Latest posts

Back