Pics of ACT, Fidanza, mazdaspeed LSD

shoelessdavis

:
Mazda Mp3 #810
Here are some pics of my aftermarket parts that I put on my mp3 before I installed them.
ACT clutch with Street Organic disc.
Fidanza Aluminum Flywheel
AWR front and rear mounts
Corksport Stainsless steel Cutch line (clear)
B&M short throw shifter
Sparco shift Knob
Magnecor Spark Plug Wires
Denso Iridum Spark plugs

Attachments

• P1010040.JPG
    P1010040.JPG
    81.8 KB · Views: 236
  • P1010035.JPG
    P1010035.JPG
    64.9 KB · Views: 204
  • b&mshiftermp3.jpg
    b&mshiftermp3.jpg
    218.4 KB · Views: 206
  • densosparkplugs.jpg
    densosparkplugs.jpg
    234.5 KB · Views: 227
  • plugs,wires,shifter+knob.jpg
    plugs,wires,shifter+knob.jpg
    253.6 KB · Views: 194
wheres the msp lsd? Thats good to do it all at once like that if you got the $$$$$

msp lsd

I got the mazdaspeed LSD and mazdaspeed gears. All have been installed. except for the rear awr mount. I did the plugs, wires, and shifter first and few months later did clutch, flywheel, msp lsd and gears, awr front mount, ss clutch line, and I put some lucas gear gear oil in the tranny when I put back together. Me and couple of friends did all of the work except taking the acutal tranny apart and back together. Me and friends step dad that owns repair shop in town worked on tranny a couple different evenings when the shop was closed and put in the LSD and mazdaspeed gears. I got all mazdaspeed tranny from junkyard with a broken case, took out all gears and LSD and put in my tranny. Had to modify the speedo sensor.
I have had it together for about 1 month now. I broke the clutch in right. I drove slow and never shifted over 4000k and never dumped clutch and did slow shifts for the first 500 miles. I have about 1,000 miles on it now. The flywheel is really nice. It revs really fast. Out of all the mods I think I like it the best. It has better all around power from the flywheel. The clutch is nice also it isn't to harsh becauase I went with the street disc. I have driven 4 and 6 puck's in hatchs and ludes and they are alot harsher. But it feels alot different than stock. The limited slip makes pretty big difference also. Feels better off line and in 1st gear; and around corners. I like the plugs and wires, it seemed to run better even though they don't really give you any power. I don't really like the B&M shifter. it has shorter throws which is good but the mp3 knob didn't fit so I got sparco knob which is cool, but the shifter is really notchy and not that smooth. It helped some when I got the lucas oil in the tranny but I still don't really like. And it is acuatully longer in than stock mp3 shifter. The front awr mount makes a bit difference also. Alot of people on the forum have this mount so im sure everyone's heard about it. when you start the car you can feal it. and makes car rattle more and less smooth at itle. Im sure the clutch line helped along with the clutch but can't tell really because did at the same time as everything else. My only problems are I am leaking a very little gear oil out of tranny wear drivers axle goes in, I think I just need to replace the seal. And I messed up the rerverse light senor in the process of taking trannsmission out and putting back in, so I need to get a new one. Otherwise great.

damn thats great where did you purchase the flywheel? And how much did it run you. congrates on the mods.

speed1016 said:
I would also like to know how you like the mods if they are installed.

I got them from Rafi at RR-Racing. Good guy to purchase from......

mods are nice. CM clutch can be driven hard and flywheel causes RPM's to raise and fall a lot faster than the stock flywheel. Causes you to match the RPM's or shift faster to keep your shifting smooth.....did not notice any performance gain with the flywheel but the clutch is better than the stock if you need a NEW clutch. you can probably find a place to install both between $300-500????

-R

shoeless, how light is that flywheel? hope it's not too light if you're planning on turboing your car.

vindication said:
shoeless, how light is that flywheel? hope it's not too light if you're planning on turboing your car.
there is nothing wrong that I know of with having one on a turbo'd car
CaptainKrm's car has run fine with it for some time now

I no there's nothing wrong with having a lighter flywheel on there but I thought that it is not desirable. I would say nothing less than 11 pounds. The lighter, the quicker the car but lower top end, and vice-versa for a hevier flywheel. If i'm not mistaken

Back