Pics from my accident

funny you should say that, thats exactly what i was thinking off, no more stone chips, lol

i mean hey, look at my sig, thats after it got fixed, does it look like it was driven daily?? not even, lol, dont forget to take pics when you get it tonight, i'm dying to see it

I will take pics tomorrow on my lunch or something, by the time I get home tonight it will be dark and pics wouldn't look right. Maybe I will..who knows.

mpf1v3 said:
funny you should say that, thats exactly what i was thinking off, no more stone chips, lol

i mean hey, look at my sig, thats after it got fixed, does it look like it was driven daily?? not even, lol, dont forget to take pics when you get it tonight, i'm dying to see it

Damnit...they just called and said it would have to wait until tomorrow. Durring final assembly they found a leak in the new radiator so they will get a new one in tomorrow and i'll get it back tomorrow. I won't cross my fingers though.

wow, that sucks, you know what though, i'd rather wait and get that leak done by them with a new radiator rather then finding it out on my own on the way home

1hr. until I get it back...body shop called and said it was done and ready to go. I can't wait!

Alright, just got home. Let me say...the paint looks nice but something is messed up. I don't know if its something easy and small that I could fix in 10 min. or something that the car will have to go back. The gaps around the sides of the hoods and the lines around the hood are perfect...where I have the problem is the gap between the grill and hood. Also, the hood latch doesn't close right. Before I could set the hood down on the latch and then just press firmly on the hood and it would close just fine...now I have to slam the damn thing closed. The gap between the hood and the grill is tiny(about the width of a dime).

Does anyone have any ideas on how to adjust that? Do you think I just have to move the hood latch up a quarter inch? Is it even movable? Could it be that the core support bracket is still bent down and thats whats causing this?

Yeah you can loosen the 3 bolts holding the latch and adjust it a bit. You can also move the two rubber stoppers on the left and right of the radiator core support to adjust the hood up and down.

Thanks for your reply...I was really starting to get worried thinking about all the possiblilities. I am really worried that they tried to bend the orginal support and thats why everything seemed off. Nice to know that there are a few easy fixes. I will try to post pictures Sat. morning. It sucks that I get out of work at 5 and its dark already...

Kansei said:
Yeah you can loosen the 3 bolts holding the latch and adjust it a bit. You can also move the two rubber stoppers on the left and right of the radiator core support to adjust the hood up and down.

Does anyone know what this is? I noticed this while I was cleaning my engine bay this weekend. It looks like some type of water pump or something with the AC. The plug must have been bent from the radiator hitting it. Any idea if I can just re connect it with a butt connector or should i replace the whole thing?

car.jpg

meinp5 said:
Does anyone know what this is? I noticed this while I was cleaning my engine bay this weekend. It looks like some type of water pump or something with the AC. The plug must have been bent from the radiator hitting it. Any idea if I can just re connect it with a butt connector or should i replace the whole thing?

car.jpg

actually it looks like the connector is missing on that black wire in that pic. It has this white connector thing that just kinda slides on (with force) onto that bent piece. It should still work fine bent like that.

Ok...so a new butt connector should fix it right up? There is a white connector that the black wire is coming out of...it isn't pictured though.

Kansei said:
actually it looks like the connector is missing on that black wire in that pic. It has this white connector thing that just kinda slides on (with force) onto that bent piece. It should still work fine bent like that.

The other thing that I am worried about is weather or not I will know if its working properly. It's disconnected and I haven't got a CEL yet. Maybe I will just have the body shop look at it.

Good idea. I have only put on 100 or so miles since I got it back. Mostly its been sitting in the garage.

Kansei said:
omg get some clear rockblocker on those headlights ASAP! they're so pristine!!

Back