Picked up a 2008 Mazda5 Touring MANUAL today.

I found a manual trans Touring model in Atlanta also and that made me curious...

I went inside the showroom and asked if they could get a Touring trim in a manual and they said it wasn't an option. Then I showed them the car on the lot.... They didn't know what to say.

Both the dealer, and MazdaUSA via phone, are claiming that they are NOT available in this trim combination and the ones out there must be "mistakes".

Did the window sticker clearly identify it as "Touring" or did it show "Sport" with all the options that add it up to a Touring model?

I'm a little pissed as I would have snagged a Touring trim with a manual had I known I could get one.

Windows sticker says "touring", yes. The dealer even admitted it was confusing and they didn't have any explanation why it existed.

All that really mattered to us was manual tranny. I have to admit I liked the extra stuff that came on the touring though, so that's why this was so perfect for us. (rockon)

It's been raining all day and my tree keeps dropping white flakes all over, but here are some pics anyway. When the sun comes out I'll clean it up and take more exterior pics.

P2223072.jpg

Nice E28!

Wow. I know nothing about Beemers but those are some SERIOUSLY sharp rides! That 5-series is like, mint. I wish I had the coin for cars like that, lucky bastards... both of you.

Wow. I know nothing about Beemers but those are some SERIOUSLY sharp rides! That 5-series is like, mint. I wish I had the coin for cars like that, lucky bastards... both of you.

LOL. Coin for old bimmers. They are cheap cars, with relatively cheap parts, and they are easy to work on. Seriously.

It's actually a 6-speed ;) and it is for sale:

http://mysite.verizon.net/vzeykh3f/6speedtouring/

I'd like to find a nice '01 740i Sport to replace it.

Is your E28 a genuine euro car? I had a beat-up M535i a few years ago (along with a pair of 528e's).

M535i.jpg

oh...I figured you had one of the handful of swapped 5 spds e34t's. A 540t/6 is a car I've thought about many times. My buddy has an e34 540/6 and he is always on the lookout for a clean 530it to swap.

I honestly think I'd rather have an s52+5spd swap into a touring...decent power and decent economy. But the 540 swap would be fun. Good luck on your sale. I'd love to buy it...but swapped e34s aren't in the budget these days haha.

my e28 is a US car with euro parts just about everywhere. Nice M535i !!!

So why do you want an e38 740i Sport so bad? Granted, they are cheap now, but they get crap for mileage and are maint ******.

hey jeebus

make sure you join moccforums, and sdrev.com

sdrev is a san diego only forum for imports and sport compacts, and mocc is the mazda california club

LOL. Coin for old bimmers. They are cheap cars, with relatively cheap parts, and they are easy to work on. Seriously.

oh...I figured you had one of the handful of swapped 5 spds e34t's. A 540t/6 is a car I've thought about many times. My buddy has an e34 540/6 and he is always on the lookout for a clean 530it to swap.

I honestly think I'd rather have an s52+5spd swap into a touring...decent power and decent economy. But the 540 swap would be fun. Good luck on your sale. I'd love to buy it...but swapped e34s aren't in the budget these days haha.

my e28 is a US car with euro parts just about everywhere. Nice M535i !!!

So why do you want an e38 740i Sport so bad? Granted, they are cheap now, but they get crap for mileage and are maint ******.

They are the last of the classically good-looking BMWs. Since the short-wheelbase 740i was available with a 6-speed in the european market, a 6-speed swap would be relatively painless. The 318iS would be turned into a track/autocross car, while the 740i Sport would be my "grown-up" car. :)

If I could only have one car, the 540iT/6 would be it.

They are the last of the classically good-looking BMWs. Since the short-wheelbase 740i was available with a 6-speed in the european market, a 6-speed swap would be relatively painless. The 318iS would be turned into a track/autocross car, while the 740i Sport would be my "grown-up" car. :)

If I could only have one car, the 540iT/6 would be it.

ah, yeah...the 6spd swap into the 740 would be a bit nicer. I agree, the e38 is the last of the classic good-lookers.

Back