Pic Request:P HKS SSQV in MS3

Vermilion

:
07' MazdaSpeed 3 Black GT
Looking for some pics of a HKS SSQV hooked up recirc on a MS3.. just wanting a general idea of what it looks like installed in the car and if it'd be worth it to get just the outside powdercoated.. I hate shiny chromy looking parts and will probably black out my whole car I imagine.

here they are!

recirc hose,fiting and flange are home-made. The gold elbow gonna be powder coated this week in black (for a better look) it is in copper.

IMG_0809.jpg

IMG_0810.jpg

IMG_0811.jpg

You get any good power gains with that SRI? I just ordered a KnN for my gutted factory airbox..but I would like a more sound/power. CAI is a hassle to maintain and could have issues with water/dirt.
HPIM0455.jpg

HPIM0454.jpg

HPIM0453.jpg

II-Savy said:
Go for the cold air not the warm air!
Nice install. Maybe a sound clip?

Yeah, it's that way for the winter mode, this summer I'm gonna buy a CAI.

clos561: yes I guess!
Redsm3gt: no really gain, until it is dyno proven....Just nicer sound!

About the sound clip, pump up the volme and listen carefully:

http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b217/mazdaracing/?action=view&current=MVI_0790.flv

http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b217/mazdaracing/?action=view&current=MVI_0789.flv

borderline said:
Yeah, it's that way for the winter mode, this summer I'm gonna buy a CAI.

clos561: yes I guess!
Redsm3gt: no really gain, until it is dyno proven....Just nicer sound!

About the sound clip, pump up the volme and listen carefully:

http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b217/mazdaracing/?action=view&current=MVI_0790.flv

http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b217/mazdaracing/?action=view&current=MVI_0789.flv

next time...rol the windows down and chirp the gears maaang.....sounds good i can hear the release.

zoom-zoomhatch said:
You're not throwing a cel with the sri are you? CP-E said that they had to do alot of testing to get the CAI to not throw a cel, but I watched a speed 6 vid with Fujita CAI and blitz air filter and I want my car to sound like that.
http://videos.streetfire.net/search/mazdaspeed/0/32fc00e7-be07-4f11-89a8-9875016f536b.htm

I second that
Does it throw a cel? I forgot to ask before....

GOD I LOVE TURBOS!!!!!! lol Lots of breathing, hopefully it will be loud enough so my passangers dont hear me taking breathes between shifts!

2497424_33_full.jpg

I HATE the sound of the air sucking in and then blowing back out or recircing. I'd rather just hear a BPV/BOV than an intake. Guess i'm gonna keep the stock airbox on my MS3.. as I hated the sound I had with a SRI on my STi.

II-Savy said:

Because it is not needed. you have a SMIC/FMIC to cool the air. Trust me not worth the few horsepower difference. Coming from someone who hydrolocked their MSP. I have owner 4 boosted cars and from experiance it is a total waste. Just do a search, there are a few threads about it.

Boosted03MSP said:
Because it is not needed. you have a SMIC/FMIC to cool the air. Trust me not worth the few horsepower difference. Coming from someone who hydrolocked their MSP. I have owner 4 boosted cars and from experiance it is a total waste. Just do a search, there are a few threads about it.

Sounds like you went through a 2 foot puddle. wow, maybe a bad idea. When you start the air colder, it's better, period. The IC still cools the air down, but only so much.

Last edited:
I've seen boosted cars pick up 10+ ponies from just a cold air intake, if you live in an area that gets deep water on the roads alot it's not a good idea, but you really have to submerge the intake to get hydrolock. And I personaly think it sounds awesome but different strokes for different folks I guess.

I have a Cel on mine, I made the intake today..........It sounds great, performace in 1st and 2nd feel better, as for the rest it feels like the MAS is trying to figure out what to do (or choking) and it isnt fast at all until it hits 4000rmps..... Any suggestoins? Im going to keep it on for a couple days and then probably take it off if the problems persist.... This is what it looks like, Its a 4in outlet on the K&N, a silicone reducer 4-3in, then the MAS on a 3in aluminum section to the stock pipe.......Any Suggestoins?????

2497424_56_full.jpg

Cel is off now after about 5 mins of driving.......Also I feel like I have to time it just right to gun it for it to not bog up......I talked to my buddy that has a pretty boosted A4 and he said that its probably my filter....Its the inverted powerstack style, which also has the whole in the center of the filter, he said that the powerstack actually passes the MAS in a way where it causes it to bog up.. He said the only way its good for a turbo car is if it has a completee u turn in the intake piping......Otherwise it makes the MAS error up?... Anyone else hear of this?

On another note I raced a 350z with a aem CAI tonite from 35 to 110ish.....we were neck and neck pulling back and forth the whole way it was sweet, He was slightly pulling on me at the end when my car was bogging because of the intake, but never left my bumpers either way!!!!!!!!! He asked at the next red light what I had in it......I told him what it is and he didnt even know what I was talking about lol, fun stuff.......

2497424_33_full.jpg

Last edited:
Back